The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Vintage Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Vintage Stakes 2009

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Anyone any thoughts on this one tomorrow?

Interesting runner for the Cole yard is Mata Keranjang – he took her to France for her debut in the listed Prix Yacowlef for unraced horses, a race he’d won in 2008 with Abbeyside. He was beaten on that occasion but the runner-up Special Duty has since come out and beaten the Aga-Khan’s precocious 2yo Siyouni (3/3 prior to the defeat) in a 6f Group 2 at Maisons-Lafitte.

I’ve taken some of the 20’s available with the Tote and the race he was beaten in regularly throws up group performers – Dahlia, New Girlfriend, Miswaki, Pas De Reponse have all won it in the past :)

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’ll look into it and might take a small interest. 8) :)

blackfingernail
    • Total Posts 108

i like Corperal Maddox in this, i backed him last time in france over 5 and he ran very well. never having the pace to go with the two infront but was gaining at the finish. karl burke said he was 100% sure he wasn’t a 5 furlong horse and would need 6 at the very least. Burke/Crowley have a excellent record on 2-year-olds this year. 16/1 was only available for 2 hours last night, cut to 10/1, which is positive.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Corporal Maddox ran well over a trip surely short of his best and can be tied in closely with Mata Keranjang on the winner’s subsequent effort at Maisons-Lafitte, but

Xtension

performed with great credit behind Canford Cliffs at Royal Ascot and could find the step up to seven furlongs in his favour.

I’m hopeful that Lucky General will run his race – I assume he’ll be on the pace as he was when demolishing a maiden field at Windsor – so that we might gauge just how good Canford Cliffs is (at this stage of the season at least).

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’ve went with Irish Stamp on this one and took half a point e/w at 16’s. It gives me an interest in the race and i watched the horses that beat this horse and they were impressive. The ground might be an issue but we will wait and see.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Corporal Maddox has aquited himself admirably over shorter distances and should improve for the step up to seven furlongs.

He handled the undulations of Epsom superbly well and that bodes well for his chances round here. The third that day, Red Avalanche, has since finished fourth to the brilliant Monsieur Chevalier in the Super Sprint.

His performance in France demostrated his solid disposition and the winner has since shown up very well in a Group Two contest.

She’s A Character went into many notebooks after her impressive maiden victory. Hard to say how much she learned that day given the manner of her success, but she stll looked green and slightly outpaced when fourth at Royal Ascot behind the talented duo, Habaayib and Lille Langtry.

She finished better than anything that day and will appreciate todays trip. She may find it tough against the boys, but she is a talented filly.

Corporal Maddox for me, but I expect a good effort from She’s A Character.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Good looking out Irish Stamp. I will add you to my circle of trust. Believe me when i say bookies watch these forums.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

Same here; I was going to have an ew on the horse but couldn’t leave the house today to get to the bookies. Certainly made the race even more interesting, and a good spot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.