The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

USPGA Championship 2022

Home Forums General Sports USPGA Championship 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Yeah can’t imagine how gutted the poor chap is right now, at least it’s given us this playoff and Darren the winner!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Really happy for JT, always comes across as a lovely down to earth chap

Turkoman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 287

Well done Darren, great selections you had made!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7621

Thank you guys very happy had the 1st 3 with

Thomas 16/1
    ZALATORIS 35/1
    Young 110/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 12715

Well done to Darren, Raymo and Pants for having the winner :yahoo:

Great guns with the top 3 Darren, that’s unbelievable :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1953

Great tipping

Participant
    • Total Posts 8076

I see McIlroy started to play well again when there was no pressure on.

Turkoman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 287

“I see McIlroy started to play well again when there was no pressure on.”

Seems to be the trend with him now days…

I recall a few years ago being at a golf function where “Monty” was a guest and got up on the stage for brief Q&A. Someone asked for his opinion about the state of then McIlroy’s game. Monty’s answer was that if McIlroy had a true “professional” caddie, he would win a lot more majors. I think he does have a point…

Speaking of caddies, why in the hell did Pereira’s caddie allow him to use a driver on the 18th, the 72nd hole being up by 1 shot???
    — it’s simple: 5-wood/driving iron, then middle-iron to the green, 2-putt and lift the trophy!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8076

Agree about both players. McIlroy is becoming infuriating.

Pereira brought back memories of Van de Velde. Like him, if you were being kind you could say he was unlucky to end up where he did – but he brought all the risk into play when it was not necessary. And he put an ugly lash of a swing on it as well.

I still think the putt on the 17th coming up an inch short played on his mind. He knows he could have holed it and if he had the championship was as good as won.

I feel sorry for him but he is not the first player to choke with a major on the line and he will not be the last. I just hope he can put it behind him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Yeah the whole McIlroy thing is very odd, like you guys have said he only plays well in the majors now when there’s no pressure on him – hes supposedly been working with the worlds leading sports psychologist – Bob Rotella, but perhaps he needs someone like Bob in his ear all the time on the course rather than a couple of sessions a month before an event.

Judging from Spieth’s performances in majors recently it seems he may be going the same way as Rory sadly.

Rahm gone off the boil since having his kid, Koepka and Bryson done with injuries, no idea where DJ is maybe injuries too?

Feels like just yesturday we had Rory, Speith, JT, Rahm, DJ, Bryson, Brooks, Speith and Morikawa all at the top of their game.

Now not even JT is playing his best golf, tis a weird sport.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3708

Nice “Tricast” Darren!

Should have followed you from Day 1, instead I saved some money with Fleetwood EW at 80/1.

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.