US Open golf 2019

Home Forums General Sports US Open golf 2019

This topic contains 49 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by botchy1 botchy1 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Excellent start for schauffele

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3126

Added Stenson EW 6 places @ 35/1

Going to be a long old night on Sunday :yes:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

Can’t complain about that!! Good start for most of my guys and it is a shame that Rose just got past Xander for first round leader but apart from Simpson my original picks all did good !!

Let’s see what Friday brings :good: :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

Good to see there are plenty in here sitting in a nice position after the 1st round,
    even although not one of us was on Rose :unsure: That was unfortunate Raymo that
    Xander got pipped on the final hole by Rose for 1st round leader. I hope you had him
    E/W. My man Molinari squeezed into the E/W places, but so many tied for 8th that it
    was hardly worth the bother. Tiger at 1 under is lurking there, and to be honest I’m
    surprised he managed to stay under par. He drove well enough, 71% of fairways hit, but
    his fairway irons were woeful, greens in regulation 50%. If it wasn’t for his scrambling
    he would be dead in the water by now. The new improved Tiger needs to show up today.

I’m relieved that Scott Piercy, who was going into the par 5 18th at 5 under,
    bogied the last. I’d have been pulling my hair out if he had been joint leader.
    Sore enough that he would have been a nice 100/1 1st round place, but it could
    have been worse.

Good luck tonight :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

Now it gets really interesting!!

Four of mine have made the cut and thats good for me :good:

To be honest I think anyone from level par or better can still win it.

So we have a fair few still there!

I see Fowler threw in one of his customary bad rounds and Matsuyama wasn’t great either

Good Luck On Moving Day Guys :good: :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

All 5 of mine also made the cut Raymo, although none are really challenging at this point,
    Molinari at 2 under is my nearest. What a shout you have with Woodland Raymo, that was some
    round, and the huge putt on the last didn’t harm his chances any. Anyone going to challenge
    is going to have to make a move today, good luck all that still have some within hailing
    distance :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Wonder if the course will start playing tougher over the weekend

Would be good if it did, a winning score of 5 or 6 under maybe

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

It will depend on flag positions and the weather FF :wacko: :wacko:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

And I would be very pleased if that was the case and Woodland went par par the last two rouns LOL :good: :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Hope he gets it done for you

But as a backer of others at -3 and -4 seeing someone who finds it hard to win and has a poor record in the majors leading gives me a little hope il at least have someone in contention come sunday

At this stage I’d be happy with one of Scott or schauffele finishing in the top 10

Scott is -3 and dont think they’ve shown a single shot if his on the TV lol

Good luck to woodland though he seems like a nice guy, just hope Matt Wallace doesnt win as he comes across as a colossal arsehole

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Double bogey, bogey start for schauffele

Down to Scott or koepka now

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Does look much tougher today

Fairways and greens key as the rough is so thick

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5871

Just back in from a nice curry, and my guys aren’t making many inroads, so looking at something
    for a bit of interest in the 3rd round market, I’ve noticed that Koepka is generally 6 or 7/1,
    although he’s 4 off the lead after 8 holes, but Hills have him at 11/1, and have boosted that to
    12.14/1, so I’ve had a bash. I think in all likelihood Woodland will hang on to it, and best of luck
    Raymo, but as Koepka is someone who can string a row of birdies together I’m chancing a few quid. It
    could be a shrewd move, or it could be the the odd pint or eight of Cobra talking B-)

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

Here comes the cupcake :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 643

Woodland playing great so far

Just getting to the tougher holes now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.