US Open golf 2019

Home Forums General Sports US Open golf 2019

This topic contains 49 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by botchy1 botchy1 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5347

DUSTIN JOHNSON 11/1 ante post

At start of year this was the one bet fully postive about DJ loves pebble beach a back to back champion here in 2009 10 also US open last time here was 54hole leader before 82 9 years on DJ still able do final rounds like that but he a much better player now than that horror show.Won a US open at Oakmount and also been runner up in this major for all Koepka brilliance in majors this time come to course where DJ so good at.

JASON DAY 28/1

This guy gets injured all the time a shame it is but feel be 100 percent this week if he is big danger to all.Not won at pebble but form is strong here.4,2,5,11,last 4years and loves us open to MC MC last 2 us opens but got figures of 2,4 in other opens.5th in masters shows still able to shine in big events

PHIL MICKLESON 50/1

Only slam missing is this one and could say if one course he want to be at it be this historic venue where winner 5times this a course he adores so much and while the setup be different for us open here he showed in 2010 us open when 4th can do well here this might be grand slam for lefty.

BRANDT SNEDEKER 100/1 Ante post

A 2 time winner here and also is coming here into form which also marks him down as a danger as well play well in Canada fact he did do well suggest a bold run on the cards for sneds and was 8th in here last time us open which is best showing in this major.And can do better than that this week.

SI WOO KIM 150/1

This guy a wild one never know what he do but as shown he a player for big events won a players championship not drop a shot on final day as well.Was 41st last time out but after MC MC in other 2 events that shows a sign of form by him.And was 4th here in Pebble beach this year also has us open form to 13th in 2017.And this talent can shine here.

MARCUS KINHUIT 500/1

In one way his win at british masters come from nowhere as out of form but in a way it did not because he a talent on coastal tracks like these loves a links layout and with power not main weapon here at monster odds can outrun them here

Names i cut were

CAMERON SMITH 125/1 am on him ew start of year but recent form is shocking so be happy if return to form but doubt he will

PATRICK CANTLAY

Has form here and form in majors this year and recent win in Memorial makes him strong contender but feel price gone on him and more excited by him for open where on him at 80/1

BRANDEN GRACE

While not in form has got us open form and at tracks like this to so i be gutted if he wins this week

good luck all this week

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3071

Had a bit of a swap around with the squad for this.

Koepka win @ 11’s Ante Post

All the rest EW 10 places

Fleetwood @ 28/1’s

Fowler @ 25/1

Molinari @ 30/1

Fitzpatrick @ 100/1

GL everyone :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Iv had koepka 8/1 win

Plus the following e/w 10 places

Schauffele 25/1
    Fleetwood 28/1
    Adam Scott 30/1

Decided not to back Hideki so fully expecting him to lead pillar to post haha

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2499

Hi all – I’m back for more on the golf! My 4th tournament of the year. After Ascot, I’ll be playing on them most weeks I suspect.

With Koepka being a big bet last time in the end because of the 2/1 top up on the Friday morning plus the outright bet at 11/1, it was a pleasure to watch him win the USPGA. Having DJ at 10s and Kuchar at 40s placing too meant it was undoubtedly my favourite golf tournament ever.

I’ve played those three again plus three others for my normal choice of 6. Stunned that Rory is as short as he is. DJ and Koepka both should be clearly shorter than him in my opinion.

Anyway, my bets:
    Brooks Koepka – 3 points each way @ 9/1
    Dustin Johnson – 3 points each way @ 8/1
    Patrick Cantlay – 1.5 points each way @ 18/1
    Matt Kuchar – 1 point each way @ 40/1
    Rickie Fowler – 0.9 point each way @ 25/1
    Webb Simpson – 0.6 point each way @ 40/1

Total stake = 20 points

Good luck to you all with your bets as usual

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5347

Gone in hills today and see prices on Day,Mickleson and Kim all drifted again so i go in again at prices of 35/1 55/1 and 200/1

Also top players bets be tomorrow as well.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4401

Hopefully I have them sorted out.
    Unusually for me I have not gone for the ten places available and am on each way EIGHT places for some better prices!!

H MATSUYAMA 33/1
    This guy is an enigma to me and should have won a major already with his ability but maybe he is in the Ricky Fowler mode and will never win one but had to chance him one last time and if he ever gets a hot putter he will go close.
    G WOODLAND 75/1
    Has looked a potential major winner for a while now and providing he stays straight will have a good chance.
    X SCHAUFFELE 28/1
    This is my strongest fancy and this boy is a major winner waiting to happen.
    W SIMPSON 50/1
    Playing well and sometimes can sneak under the radar. Providing the course doesn’t plat too long will go well.
    H STENSON 60/1
    Steadily coming back to form and his straight irons should stand him in good stead here!!

Have also backed Xander 40/1 Matsuyama 45/1 and Woodland 60/1 to be first round leader and by the way guys not many win this coming from a long way back so if betting in running keep an eye on the top ten or twelve as they tend to stay ahead.
    Finally I have had a decent bet on STENSON at 14/1 to be top European.

Be Lucky Guys and it is good to see some others have joined in the golfing fun!!
    :good: :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5771

Tiger Woods 12/1 (25/1 1st round leader market)

I’ve never been his biggest fan, and I genuinely thought he was gone at the game. It’s
    taken many years, but somehow he’s managed to claw back the good old days. Apart from
    the missed cut at the PGA, he’s only once been outside the top 20 in every event he’s
    entered this year. He was in majestic form winning the Masters this year, and it’s given
    him a taste for the Majors again, he knows he can win now. He won one of the most amazing
    exhibitions of golf here in 2000 when he was at his peak, he showed his liking for here
    when he was T4 last time here in 2010. He’s a genuine contender for this.

Francesco Molinari 40/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

His golf has just stepped up from very good player to world class player in the past couple
    of years, and this course should be right up his street as it’s all about your iron play.
    Not that he can’t drive, but it’s his superb ball striking that turned him into a Major winner
    last year. He’s already got a win under his belt in the Arnold Palmer and a T5 at the Masters
    could have been so much better other than for an uncharacteristic last round 74. I think there’s
    every chance he could make up for that here.

Webb Simpson 50/1 (50/1 1st round leader market)

Has been on the brink of a win all year. Not much he could do last time out in T2 at the
    Canadian Open, as McIlroy was in the kind of form that made him unbeatable. Has the right
    mentality for the Majors and put in a good shift T5 at the Masters, which included a flawless
    3rd round 64. If he’s in anything like that kind of form he should still be in with a shout
    come Sunday.

Andrew Putnam 250/1 (150/1 1st round leader market)

I’m taking a chance that the Andrew Putnam that was runner up in the Sony Open earlier
    this year, and T3 in the Charles Schwab Challenge last month is the one that will turn
    up here, and not the Andrew Putnam that’s missed 5 cuts in the last 3 months. In short,
    it’s a risky choice, hence his 250/1 odds, but he is capable of putting in some great
    rounds, such as his 62 in the Sony Open. If he’s on a going day I think he’s worth a
    punt in the 1st round leader market, and if he can squeeze into the top 10 with Paddy
    power I’ll be delighted.

Best of luck all :good:

Pants
    Pants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

It pains to leave Cupcake out of ‘my team’ but he can’t keep winning…can he!? Course should suit others more so I’ll reluctantly leave him out, he owes me nothing. I’ve gone for the below;

D Johnson – 8/1 (10 places)
    Z Schauffele – 28/1 (8 places)
    W Simpson – 45/1 (8 places)
    T Finau – 55/1 (8 places)
    K Na – 110/1 (8 places)
    A Putnam – 250/1 (10 places)

Best of luck all.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

Not bet yet….

Keegan Bradley 125’s (10 Places)
    Phil Mickelson 55’s Win

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5771

I’m not really a fatalist, and I did consider him seriously before posting my 4
    above, but having learned that his 49th birthday falls on the day of the final
    round, and considering that this is the only Major which has so far eluded him,
    it’s finally tipped the balance for me to add Phil Mickelson at 55/1 (also 55/1, boosted
    by PP, in the 1st round leader market). I don’t normally go for coincidence bets
    (this is a 1st), but I’ve just got a nagging doubt that I’ll regret not backing him
    and he does play well here. That’s me finished now. I’ll stick with my famous 5 :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5347

SI WOO KIM 7/1 Top asian
    VICTOR HOVLAND 3/1 Top amatuer

Best top players bet

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4401

I have added three more on the exchanges to the ones I have backed with normal bookie chaps!!

SI WOO KIM at 210
    MATTHEW FITZPATRICK at 190
    JIMMY WALKER at 310

I n the hope that one of them does well in the first round and I can lay em off and have a free bet for the rest of the tournament

Finally AUSTIN ECKROAT to be top amateur at 12/1 four places.

Good Luck Guys :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Just looking at tee times and noticed the 8 hour time difference

Gonna be a few late nights this weekend

Tiger not teeing off until 10pm our time tomorrow

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 836

Traditional wild swipes at a sport I’m clueless about.

All £2

Rory McIlroy (9/1)
    Marc Leishman (80/1)
    Patrick Cantlay (18/1)
    Justin Harding (275/1)

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5771

Well they are under way, so good luck all. I’ve checked that nobody is on him, before
    I can say I’m hoping it goes a bit pair shaped for Scott Piercy in his last 4 holes.
    No harm to the guy, but I had him last week for the Canadian Open, but left him out
    here. He’s leader on his own at 5 under, and at 150/1 outright and 100/1 for the 1st
    round leader, he might feel a bit like the one that got away. Still half the field
    to go out, so every chance that someone will shoot a low one….I hope so :wacko:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.