The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

US Open 2020 Golf

Home Forums General Sports US Open 2020 Golf

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5974

BigG you got 1st and 2nd mate very good my best hope looks like Schauffele who still got a chance

BigG only worry got for you mate is Wolff and De Chambeau not get on that well after events they won when Wolff won debut event and when De Chambeau won a few months ago Wolff 2nd then.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

Cheers Darren, I don’t know about any feud between them, I’m just hopeful that one of them wins
    although I’d much prefer Wolff though as he’s twice the odds of DeChambeau. He’s just stuffed his
    ball into the rough well away from the green at the par 3 3rd. He needs to steady the ship a bit.

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2715

Good luck today lads.

With the way the course is playing, I still have a chance for my bet. Need Wolff and Bryson to have bad rounds but the course is playing very tough so it’s definitely in with a chance. Unfortunately, the way they set it up on Thursday always had me behind the 8 ball when they decided to make it play like a USPGA for some reason. Very bizarre.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4911

Looking good for you Graham :good: :good:

Kokak clubhouse leader LOL

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2193

Wd BigG. And all winners.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4911

FIRST SECOND AND FIFTH GRAHAM WOW!!! That takes some doing mate :good: :good: :good: :good:

Well done Big G :good: :good: :good:

I got a few quid back from several bets but Hovland and Casey both let me down over the last few holes fo win purposes but hey ho!

Once again well done Graham :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

Cheers Raymo and Mike, the back nine lost a bit of atmosphere when Wolff
    started to collapse, he would have been a better win for me but you’ve
    got to hand it to DeChambeau, he was ruthless out there, he deserved it.

Well done with your win bets Raymo, I had Hovland too and thought he was a shoo-in
    for the E/W, but WTF was he doing finishing bogey, double bogey, double bogey :wacko:

It’s been the wierdest year I can remember, and we’ve got a Masters to look forward
    to in NOVEMBER !! :unsure: Strange days indeed :whistle:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7575

You had bad luck MOM, just 1 guy put your bet of level or worse winner down. Thursday
    did stuff you, they realised they made an ar%e of it and tightened up from the Friday,
    otherwise you had a real shout. Bad luck mate.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

Leaving the betting to one side, what does De Chambeau’s win mean for the game?

He is clearly very good at what he does and you could see how much the win meant to him.

But should golf be a game where muscle bound players whack the ball as hard and as far as they possibly can, without a care in the world for finding the fairway? Personally, I find “grip it and rip it” golf boring and one dimensional to watch.

The authorities either have to do something about the equipment or redesign a lot of courses. Because if more players like De Chambeau come along, the courses are just going to be overpowered.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5974

Well done BigG with 1st 2nd and 5th happy for you mate :good:

Cork all star

Agree with you but that the way players be like now more about power it true though that Morikawa won PGA championship he not a big hitter

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

Changing equipment won’t change anything really

Bryson and the other big hitters will still hit it further than the others as they swing the club faster

Not like bryson is winning that often anyway, personally I think a lot of the golf media has an agenda against him because he does everything so differently than the accepted norm

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 536

I have nothing against De Chambeau personally. It was good to see how much the win meant to him. However, I have lost a lot of interest in golf in the last few years. It used to be my favourite sport but the extreme power game has ruined it for me. As has slow play.

I still like the Open because it does demand a different skill set from just booming it off the tee and errant drives are usually punished.

I prefer watching womens golf now. The players cannot swing the club as fast and accuracy off the tee is much more important. The game is also still recognisable. I just cannot identify with someone who is reaching 400 yards off the tee. I am lucky if my drives reach half that distance!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

Golf has always been a power game and always will be

Nicklaus and Woods both dominated the game and were both very long drivers of the ball

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.