The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

US Open 2020 Golf

Home Forums General Sports US Open 2020 Golf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Ante post bets guys these are the 1st 3 last 3 bets done a few days ago.

XANDER SCHAUFFELE 25/1

Is a standing dish in the majors was the US open in 2017 where broke out was 5th then a month later won 1st event on tour at Greenbreir before winning Tour Championship on debut.He been 2nd in masters and the open 3rd in a US open everything in place for him to break major duck at last.While not win Fed ex cup he did post the best 72 hole score at East lake.

PATRICK REED 40/1

Major winner before won masters was 4th in a US open so has form in this event also while not a course winner 2 of his wins were in New York which is where Winged foot is not a bombers type of layout to ideal for him.

ADAM SCOTT 45/1

Has play well since return of golf had a longer rest than other players on tour he got a decent US open record to best was 4th get the feeling with him something big is coming from him make a challenge here.

VICTOR HOVLAND 66/1

Was 12th in US open last year expect a big improvement on that there be some to say lack of major starts cost him well Morikawa won last major on 2nd start this guy has more major stars than him and no reason he not do well here.

MARTIN KAYMER 125/1

In last major at PGA started well before going backwards since then spurned 2 chances to win on European tour in final rounds of both events but with pars likely be score here he loves these conditions loves tough golf courses.Last ever win was US open maybe the next win be this weeks US open.

BERND WEISBERGER 175/1

16th in 2017 best effort at US open but reasons to hopeful better that this week much better player now and been playing more in the states to on return to UK was 6th in UK open of course this a bigger step up of those at big prices one i like a lot.

Good luck guys hope we see a lot of you here to

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

I am on a couple of those Darren.I don’t know whether thats a good thing or not!!

So far am on

V HOVLAND 50/1
    D BERGER 30/1
    X SCHAUFFLE 16/1
    A ANCER 90/1

Undoubtedly I will back more and some exotics before tee off!!

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Will go through the field tonight for any player bets but I’ve had an early 9 point lump on the winning score being Evens or Worse @ 6/5 & 21/20.

I think this course is going to play massively harder than level par. If anyone goes under par, I’d be very surprised. To get odds against, it becomes a bit of a lump.

9 points – Winning Score to be Evens or Worse @ 6/5 & 21/20

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3810

All EW 8 places

Fleetwood @ 35’s
    Casey @ 60’s
    Fitzpatrick @ 55’s
    Justin T @ 14’s

Good luck chaps :yes:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Really looking forward to this one and as MOM said it’s going to be mega tough. I’d much rather
    it was that way than the winner shooting 26 under par. The problem for me this time is that I
    fancy that one of the younger brigade, who seem to be coming through so well this year, and
    there are so many on them. Morikawa is the obvious one, but he’s probably under more pressure
    with the expectations, so I fancy looking elsewhere.

Xander Schauffele 16/1 (28/1 1st round leader market)

No prizes for sticking Xander up, he’s already on Darren and Raymo’s shortlist and rightly
    so. Since the break he’s 7 out of 10 for top 20s and he hit the bar last week in 2nd place
    in the Tour Championship after 4 great rounds, the worst of which was a 67. He’s going to
    be one of the top players over the next few years and a Major is definitely on his radar.
    I’d be well pleased if it was this one.

Bryson DeChambeau 25/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

He’s an absolute beast off the tee, and whilst being closer to the green gives him the
    oppertunity to get it into the better areas of the greens, he’s going to have to rein
    it in a little here. At somewhere like Erin Hills he can just open his shoulders and
    bomb it every time the fairways are so generous, but it’s going to be a different kettle
    of fish here. With a driving accuracy of about 57% he’s going to have to keep it straight
    here or he’ll be spending his time chipping out sideways. Despite a couple of off weeks he’s
    had 5 top 10s since the break. If he keeps it on the short stuff he’s got a great chance.

Viktor Hovland 55/1 (55/1 1st round leader market)

He’s good off the tee, but his real stregth is his fairway irons into the green. By all accounts
    if your not in the right position on the greens here, you’re bang in trouble. It’s not going
    to be a case of banging in the birdies here, and he’s more than capable on that score, it’s more
    about keeping the bogies off your card and with his precision irons he should set himself up to
    be able to do that.

Mathew Wolff 66/1 (66/1 1st round leader market)

He’s still 21, but showed he has what it takes in the Majors when T4 in the PGA, finishing
    with a blistering 65. He’s another that drives it a mile, and at nearly 60% he finds more
    fairways than DeChambeau. T20 last time out at the Tour Championship shows his golf is
    in a good place.

Sebastian Munoz 150/1 (100/1 1st round leader market)

Very decent golfer on his day and not one to run up a cricket score, which is going to
    be important trying to cut down expletives on the score card. He goes into this on the
    back of T8 on both his last 2. Unappreciated by the bookies and worth the gamble at these
    odds.

Top Amateur

Takumi Kanaya 4/1 Skybet.

A bit of a star in the land of the rising sun. Won the Asia-Pacific Amateur title at 20
    and should be the pick of the bunch of the amateurs. Not that it’s likely, but just in
    case he does a Justin Rose, I’ve put a couple of shillings on him at 500/1 in the outright.

That’s a couple more than my usual, but seeing as it’s a Major and no European Competition
    this week I thought I’d push the boat out a bit.

Best of luck guys, we’re goint to need it as it will be tough out there :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2061

Thought i would chuck a free bet at Patrick Reed 30-1 ew 10 places for a bit if interest.

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

US Open 2020 bets:

– 9 points on the winning score to be 280 (Even Par) or higher @ 6/5 & 21/20
    – 1 point on Colin Morikawa @ 16/1 E/W (10 places)
    – 0.8 point on Matt Fitzpatrick @ 55/1 (9 places)
    – 0.5 point on Tyrell Hatton @ 45/1 (9 places)
    – 0.4 point on Kevin Kisner @ 80/1 (11 places)
    – 0.3 point on Matt Kuchar @ 100/1 (11 places)

12 point total outlay

Good luck all

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

I’m on

Morikawa 16/1
    Finau 30/1
    Fleetwood 25/1
    Fitzpatrick 45/1

All e/w 11 places split stakes so they all return about £100 if winning and £20 if placing

Got a funny feeling about finau, fairways and greens will be so important and that is what he does

This is his chance I reckon

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

Have also backed KockraK at 150/1 and Sneds at 275/1
    Ancer to be top ROW and Hovland to be top European as well and Casey to be top brit!!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Guys gone for P Reed 5/1 be 2nd round leader

And happy with Reed and Schauffele so far

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

Lookin good so far Dazzler :good: :good:

Moving day tomorrow so that should be interesting to see if they set the course up any different!!

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

My Casey to be top Brit is looking interesting. There are only six of them left and I am on 14/1 four places each way LOL. Like I said ITS MOVING DAY and hopefully some of ours will be doing the moving upwards guys :good: :good:

Good Luck :good: :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

Oh yes thee are only eleven Europeans left as well and I am on Victor four places thee too!! LOL
    But I think Ancer might struggle to be top ROW o even get placed as there are seventeen of them left LOL

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5926

Happy with Reed 5/1 winner that is 2nd round leader hope he keeps it up

De Chambeau going well for BigG to

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7501

Well done Darren with Reed for 2nd round leader, he’s still right there midway through the
    3rd round. I’m happy to see Wolff right up there and Dechambeau, after a bad start is
    fighting his way back. Schauffele and Hovland aren’t out of it either and Casey should
    see off Westwood for you Raymo. Still a lot of chances with the final round coming up :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.