The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Urban Sea

Home Forums Memorials Urban Sea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

What a racehorse, what a broodmare, what a legacy.

A sad way to go, foaling.

Let’s hope the new foal serves her memory well.

RIP, you were one in a million.

hairruffle
    • Total Posts 91

Oh no what an awful shame, she has produced many good offspring including Galileo. Rest well.

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

So very sad.

Her own excellence and the performances of Galileo on course and at stud will ensure that her name lives on for many years.

Hope Black Sam Bellamy makes a great name as an NH sire and makes his mum smile up in horsey heaven.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

i read this the other day, but didn’t have enough info to start a thread; I didn’t realize that she was at the Irish National Stud….the new foal is supposedly doing well with it’s foster mum, but it’s such a sad end for such a wonderful race and broodmare….lets hope the little fellah does her proud, I’m sure she’ll be looking down on him from somewhere. r.i.p. old girl

PEEPINGFAWN
    • Total Posts 40

aaawwwwww this is so sad, a wonderful old girl…her legacy will live on in this little fella..a wonderful mare will leave a huge void to her connections :(

• Total Posts 2184

Great mare.

Hopefully Sea The Stars can win the Derby for her.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Incredible mare, the fact the she has knocked up 7 horses with RPRs over 10 shows how classy she was. And if Sadlers Wells was a sire of sires, she is a mother of sires, with her grandkids Teofilo and New Approch already gone to stud.

Hopefully Celestial Halo can win the Champ Hurdle for her too, to establish her legacy of dominace over jumps aswell.

PEEPINGFAWN
    • Total Posts 40

Incredible mare, the fact the she has knocked up 7 horses with RPRs over 10 shows how classy she was. And if Sadlers Wells was a sire of sires, she is a mother of sires, with her grandkids Teofilo and New Approch already gone to stud.

Hopefully Celestial Halo can win the Champ Hurdle for her too, to establish her legacy of dominace over jumps aswell.

Well Said !!!!

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

Great mare.

Hopefully Sea The Stars can win the Derby for her.

Good shout IC. It looks quite possible now, doesn’t it?

I’m sure Urban Sea was looking proudly down at Newmarket yesterday :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.