The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Unlucky Zorro !

Home Forums Horse Racing Unlucky Zorro !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Backed Dandy Man, maybe if he had something to race with he might have won.<br>Which one of the Aussies will win the Jubilee Zorro ??:cool:

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Not very, Madman. I had quite a lot on the winner. Great run from Dandyman though. (Dammit).<br>If she runs in the Golden Jubilee I don’t think I’ll be opposing her. How about you?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from Zorro on 6:03 pm on June 19, 2007[br]Not very, Madman. I had quite a lot on the winner. Great run from Dandyman though. (Dammit).<br>If she runs in the Golden Jubilee I don’t think I’ll be opposing her. How about you?

I meant your prediction on an Aussie 123, Zorro.<br>The extra furlong should be no problem, in fact Miss Andretti won over seven down under. I won’t be quick to oppose her.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Looked like a very good horse. Perhaps they’ll consider Newmarket?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Dandy man ran an absolute blinder. He seems to be turning into one of racings unlucky horses with it being a similar story last year with the draw. Deserves to win a G1 sprint as he certainly has the ability.

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

I have to admit that on the replays I’ve seen I’ve been watching the Aussies. But didn’t Dandy Man move away from the rail, where runners definitely were at a disadvantage, and race nearer the middle? I promise to look more carefully when I see the race again, but meanwhile could anybody correct me if I’m wrong?

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Zorro, while Dandy Man hardly clung to the inner rail like glue, he definitely raced furthest right of all the horses in the race. A typical six or seven draw, had all horses raced straight.

To my mind, he was definitely disadvantaged and had he been drawn nine or higher, the Aussies would have had more of a fight on their hands.

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Edit: wrong thread.

(Edited by Maxilon 5 at 11:45 am on June 20, 2007)

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Thanks Maxilon. He really did run the race of his life then.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote: from thedarkknight on 4:06 pm on June 24, 2007[br]Conclusion: Australian sprinters – good but not that much better than the best of the English :cool:

Come on, TDK?<br>Had the ground not gone against him, Takeover Target would have won a mile yesterday.<br>Among the current crop, how many British sprinters have a similar record in the the Royal Ascot sprints?<br>

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Completely agree with TDK…..Aussie sprinters completely over hyped. Takeover Target didnt win by a "country mile" last year on firm ground so why would he this year? Connections before the race stated he wouldnt mind the ground and he certainly travelled like a horse that didnt mind it….Asset was equally ill suited by it.

Even in the King Stand, Dandy Man beat the other two Aussies into 3rd and 4th with the other English sprinters on their tails. Recent top class European sprinters such as Oasis Dream, Stravinsky and Mozart would be a match for any of the Aussie "stars" right now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Aidan

Hadn’t realised that Oasis Dream, Stravinsky and Mozart were amongst "the cuurent crop of sprinters".<br>Good horse though Dandy man is, he has yet to win a gp2, let alone a gp1, and wouldn’t have got in the first 10 in yesterday’s circumstances.

Zorro
    • Total Posts 472

Agree with TDK, about them being better but not that much better, but would add ‘in Britain’.<br>Would you be backing ours if they travelled to Oz for, say. the Lightning Stakes?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Excellent name for a sprint race, Zorro.<br>"Lightning".<br>

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.