The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

UB careful

Home Forums Memorials UB careful

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1131

won hurdle race at ludlow today, but sadly collasped and died on way to winners enclosure rip

vf

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1455

Yet another one after a race. Just read about this on RP, so sad. RIP. :(

Prestbury
    • Total Posts 178

Very sad

hate to point the finger at a 7lb claimer without knowing the cause of death, but the horse won by 22 lengths on good/good to firm & it was the hottest day of the year so far.

R.I.P – U B Careful

nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Very sad

hate to point the finger at a 7lb claimer without knowing the cause of death, but the horse won by 22 lengths on good/good to firm & it was the hottest day of the year so far.

R.I.P – U B Careful

I have just watched the replay and have to say I don’t think the jockey gave him a hard time. The huge winning distance was mainly due to all the others suddenly going nowhere after the last. And the horse (IMHO) didn’t show any signs of distress/exhaustion as they walked off the course.

Just a terribly sad tragedy, and a bad end for a good horse. RIP U B Careful :cry:

Fingers crossed we don’t have that sort of weather for the National. I have wondered sometimes whether throwing buckets of cold water over them when they’re hot would put a strain on their hearts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.