The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Two winners matched at 1000 at Southwell

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Two winners matched at 1000 at Southwell

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Shocking scenes reported on Betfair, the bridge jumpers are out in their hundreds.

PMSL

I stand by my pre-Christmas evaluation that Southwell needs to go.  Mind you, anyone that would lay a 1.4 shot at 1000, on the a/w, needs a lobotomy.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I have no sympathy for the leeches who lay at 1000

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Hi RD

I stand by my pre-Christmas evaluation that Southwell needs to go.

Why?  I’m fascinated. Fairly solid crowd today as there has been all Christmas.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

I dunno what was more surprising – the laying at 1000 or Lee James actually saddling a winner! It’s five years since his last, most of his energies generally channelled towards acting as a jockey’s agent.

There’s been a whole sack of Vauxhall Conference league trainers getting off the long-term cold list recently – Clarissa Caroe, Willie Young, Louise Davis, Jo Fierro, Ann Woodrow and Tim Butt to name but a few. There’s at least two of us on this forum who hope this augurs well for Ted Caine…

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

I’m just gutted that backing Temoin at 5.0 or so in running (yes, I know he got far bigger!!!) didn’t quite pay off…..

quixallcrossettquixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Oh Jeremy, I wonder who else could possibly want Ted to be King Caine?? (I picked one of Paul Nicholls in the hope it rubs off)

Love it when the outsiders triumph even on the flat!

I also hope Peter Wegmanns luck changes soon, you never know, the cold trainers are warming to their task!  

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Peter Wegmann is very close to the top of my worst ever trainers list.

No reason at all for Southwell to go. If you can be arsed to sort out the non-stayers and those that won’t go on the surface from the rest, there’s no reason to to be able to make money.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

On the subject of trainers I don’t particularly rate,considering the amount of money that has been spent on the horses Karen Waldron’s results are very disappointing.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Don’t think she’s as bad as she was a couple of years ago but agree she is pretty dire Grey Desire.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from davidjohnson on 11:59 pm on Jan. 2, 2007[br] If you can be arsed to sort out the non-stayers and those that won’t go on the surface from the rest, there’s no reason to to be able to make money. <br>

If yer can’t be arsed to do what DJ states, just follow Mr Smith

two winners yesterday, including the NAP

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Quote: from davidjohnson on 11:59 pm on Jan. 2, 2007[br]No reason at all for Southwell to go. If you can be arsed to sort out the non-stayers and those that won’t go on the surface from the rest, there’s no reason to to be able to make money. <br>

Quite right DJ. The trouble is that some people want it all on a plate for them. Southwell is just about the easiest track in the land to make money at, but you do have to do some homework.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from Grey Desire on 12:11 am on Jan. 3, 2007[br]On the subject of trainers I don’t particularly rate,considering the amount of money that has been spent on the horses Karen Waldron’s results are very disappointing.<br>

<br>Sad how much Chef Tartare, Mondial Jack and Wyle Post, who all cost plenty, have declined under her tutelage. Conversely, though, she kept finding opportunities for Young Lorcan and Rash Moment, who I’m sure cost buttons comparatively… although how much of that was astute placing and how much due to excellent jockeyship by Sam Jones is a matter of conjecture.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

The Abbots Habit who went off at 1.40 (2/5) yesterday was also matched @ 1,000 /1 in running.<br>It got up in the very last stride.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.