The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tuesday 4th April

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Tuesday 4th April

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Warwick 2:40 – 5f Maiden Fillies Auction Stakes

Fasuby 49  Price on Betfair 11/1<br>Gilded 54   2/1<br>Its No Problem 53   17/2

Out of the raced runners I rated Gilded ever so slightly better than Its No Problem. However with the prices the way they are on Betfair Its No Problem is the value of the three. I will be surprised if any of these three win as these ratings are very modest.

With the newcomers i ignore the betting market as this often puts me off the winner. Of the newcomers I have doubts about the following:

Charlies Girl – terrible dam and doesn’t seem to be held in high regard

Gradetime – Don’t think it will enjoy the conditions very much and may want further on a sound surface.

Our Susie – Paris Model (its dam) just wasn’t very good and its sire ran only on a sound surface. Too many doubts and may struggle.

Queen of Narnia – Its dam has produced some decent horses but it is a very young filly and I have doubts about it handling soft ground. Will take it on at the forecast price.

Three Mates – Not convinced about its pedigree and would seem to want more of a stamina test.

This leaves us with three, all at reasonable prices

1pt win Bathwick Style<br>1pt win Miss Ippolita<br>1pt win Sainara

The basis of going for these is that they should be better than the horses that have raced on what we have seen.

• Total Posts 2065

Warwick 2:10 – 5f Selling Stakes for 2yo

A yucky 2yo to start the card but there is a possiblility of some value. The unraced pair would only have to be average but they don’t look up to anything. Well my ratings are as follow

Afric Star 46<br>Alittleriskie 40<br>All Talk 20<br>Flying Lion 40<br>Granny Peel 47<br>Sad Times 45 32

Flying Lion only got 40 but its race was on soft turf whereas all the others have raced on the dirt tracks. However there is no value at 9/4 and I will look to Afric Star as it is twice the price of Granny Peel.

1pt win Afric Star<br>

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I think you’ll do well to get Gilded beat. Looked absolutely clueless on debut, 10 lengths behind at halfway before picking up really well as it learnt what was required. The benefit of experience sees him as the one to beat for me today. Won’t be backing him though.

• Total Posts 2065

Maybe but I wrote down at the time it will need further and we’ve seen with Urban Warrior that experience doesn’t give it victory when it needs further. Can’t have Gilded at the price but I respect anyone who does.

FanciedHorseLayer
    • Total Posts 2929

Rubbish from me yesterday:o

Playing on in form Andrew Balding horses today.PLACE [Betfair] Bets,STOPPING once in Profit.

Ollie George [3.40 Warwick]<br>£5 @ 3.2

Tiny Tim [ 5.30 Southwell]<br>£10.Trading currently at 9.4

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Pontefract  3.20

Blue Spinnaker

(Danger – Nero’s Return)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Blue Spinnaker not off again? Watch this one closely in the Zetland Gold Cup at Redcar.

• Total Posts 2065

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 1:54 am on April 4, 2006[br]Warwick 2:40 – 5f Maiden Fillies Auction Stakes

Fasuby 49  Price on Betfair 11/1<br>Gilded 54   2/1<br>Its No Problem 53   17/2

Out of the raced runners I rated Gilded ever so slightly better than Its No Problem. However with the prices the way they are on Betfair Its No Problem is the value of the three. I will be surprised if any of these three win as these ratings are very modest.

With the newcomers i ignore the betting market as this often puts me off the winner. Of the newcomers I have doubts about the following:

Charlies Girl – terrible dam and doesn’t seem to be held in high regard

Gradetime – Don’t think it will enjoy the conditions very much and may want further on a sound surface.

Our Susie – Paris Model (its dam) just wasn’t very good and its sire ran only on a sound surface. Too many doubts and may struggle.

Queen of Narnia – Its dam has produced some decent horses but it is a very young filly and I have doubts about it handling soft ground. Will take it on at the forecast price.

Three Mates – Not convinced about its pedigree and would seem to want more of a stamina test.

This leaves us with three, all at reasonable prices

1pt win Bathwick Style<br>1pt win Miss Ippolita<br>1pt win Sainara

The basis of going for these is that they should be better than the horses that have raced on what we have seen.<br>

1st Gilded 11/10f<br>2nd Gradetime 8/1<br>3rd Queen of Narnia 8/1

None of the newcomers I liked did anything whatsoever. Still not convinced about Gilded but I’ll reserve judgement

• Total Posts 2065

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 2:55 am on April 4, 2006[br]Warwick 2:10 – 5f Selling Stakes for 2yo

A yucky 2yo to start the card but there is a possiblility of some value. The unraced pair would only have to be average but they don’t look up to anything. Well my ratings are as follow

Afric Star 46<br>Alittleriskie 40<br>All Talk 20<br>Flying Lion 40<br>Granny Peel 47<br>Sad Times 45 32

Flying Lion only got 40 but its race was on soft turf whereas all the others have raced on the dirt tracks. However there is no value at 9/4 and I will look to Afric Star as it is twice the price of Granny Peel.

1pt win Afric Star

1st Alittleriskie 6/1<br>2nd Sad Times 7/1<br>3rd Afric Star 4/1

Alittleriskie found quite a bit of improvement from its debut. Sad Times also showed the form of its first run. Poor race though imo and Granny Peel chcuked it away.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.