The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tuesday 11 July 2006

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Tuesday 11 July 2006

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

2:45 Pontefract<br>An interesting enough looking nursery handicap, albeit with a market which is looking slightly lopsided due to the shortness of the Meehan-trained topweight.

For me, neither The Mighty Ogmore nor Nota Liberata have run fast enough from several opportunities to be likely to get involved here, whilst Bodes Galaxy is not much better and won only a very weak event from a true dog.

Everyman and Spinning Game both have bits of nice form but have both shown their best on really soft ground and I couldn’t have either on this going.

This leaves us with four. Emma Told Lies has chances on form but Mick Easterby is 0/21 with 2yos here recently and this filly has had five runs now since late May, looking slightly jaded last time.

Suhayl Star seems improved after a small break and could be just the type to do well in nurseries, but the feeling is that Mick Channon’s runner needs a step up in trip to 1m+ rather than a step back to 6f. As such, Suhayl Star is reluctantly passed over, although I’ll kick myself if we get done by him staying on close home!

Down to two, and whilst I admit that Dhanyata‘s form last time (when winning her maiden and recording a decent speed figure) looks very solid, she is just too short at probably very close to even money, especially at a track not regularly or successfully targeted by the trainer.

So, we have Monkey Glas. Made favourite on his debut in a surprisingly solid Kempton maiden and backed on all starts, he has gradually started to calm down in his races and broke his duck last time over 6f in a respectable time. The trainer does ok here, and Pat Cosgrave has established a good record for the yard as their main jockey this year. With so much early pace in the race, there is every chance that he will be able to be settled just off the pace and produced inside the last furlong to go very close indeed.

MONKEY GLAS (probable SP around 13/2) – £3 e.w.

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Comfortably got 3rd (at 15/2), but well beaten to boot, with Bodes Galaxy exceeding my expectations by quite some margin!

Balance +£21.00    (or +3.5pts)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.