The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tube Strike

Home Forums Lounge Tube Strike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2215

The most ridiculous strike i can recall and nows the time to break this once and for all

They are expecting a 5% rise… This is 2009 FFS

They are expecting no redundancies even though there are hundreds of jobs which are dead

Tube drivers have starting salaries of £40k.

Is there a possibility that if all the strikers jobs became suddenly vacant, then there would be sufficient applicants?

Time to take them head on. Bob crow is a thicko who thinks hes fighting a class war. Fire them off. Londoners abolsutely despise them (even when they are working they are lazy and ignorant as anyone who uses the Hammersmith & city will know) and woul dlive through a period of disruption to reolve this once and for all

Even ken livingstone lost patience with them. Boris has got to show some bottle now

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Bob crow is a thicko who thinks hes fighting a class war.

(NAP)

The unacceptable face of trade unions right now, and possessive of none of the grace, oratory skills or propensity to negotiate of a character such as, say, Bill Morris.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

I’m with you all the way Clive. Let’s hope Boris has the backbone to tough it out.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYVJSOFZxDE

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I thought that they had privatised the underground and sorted out that particular hot-bed of communist revolutionary thinking.

I wouldn’t get out of bed for 30K myself.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Do they not have buses in London?

8)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Londoners are very special Andrew .. when they have a break from running around stabbing each other, they mainly just hang around closed train stations and nervously shuffling about and pretending to read books with no pictures.

Cozmipolitanz

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

:lol:

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Bob crow is a thicko who thinks hes fighting a class war.

(NAP)

The unacceptable face of trade unions right now, and possessive of none of the grace, oratory skills or propensity to negotiate of a character such as, say, Bill Morris.

gc

We’ll certainly never see a ‘Sir’ Bob Crow – that’s for sure – but then there are all types of union men and I would suggest that the ones that end up knighted were…umm…jolly nice chaps, but also prone to the odd bout of cherry blossom poisoning.

To be fair, I think Bob Crow and Sir Bill are extreme opposites, but I know who I’d rather have in

my

corner.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.