The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Troy Tempest

Home Forums Memorials Troy Tempest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Took a horrible fall in the 4.50 at Worcester. Appeared to be instant death but this was never confirmed.

Also Danny Cook appeared seriously injured after a fall from Kirkhammerton (horse ok).

ATR promised to keep us informed re Danny’s condition, and also hinted that more than one horse may have been fatally injured, but as per usual more interested in talking drivel at us than telling us what we want to know, and as far as I know, none of the injured parties was mentioned again.

RIP Troy Tempest (I think) :(

findsarafindsara
    • Total Posts 58

RP confirmed Troy Tempest at ‘fatally injured’ :(

No other confirmed deaths but in the same race Marleybow (IRE) was pulled up lame before the last.

Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

I was at Worcester yesterday.

Sadly Troy Tempest was a fatality; it appeared to be a broken neck and he died instantly, but at least he didn’t suffer. RIP

Danny Cook was fine after his fall from Kirkhammerton in the same race; he played in the National Hunt jockeys’ charity football match after racing. The only sign of injury was a plaster on his chin! Although tweets suggest that he was a little mad to take part in the match following his ‘pasting’!

Marleybow suffered an injury to his near fore; connections took off his bandage and felt the tendon at the back of his cannon bone. He was loaded into the horse ambulance to be transported off the course because he was very lame.

I run a fan website dedicated to Choc Thornton, so before the football match (which he spectated) I asked him if he thought Marleybow would be okay, and he thought that he would be, although will probably be off the racecourse for a year.

Jane

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1436

Very horrible fall, but doubt he felt any pain at least. The rainbow bridge awaits.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 585

Yes – saddened by his demise, thought he may have been distracted by the loose horse in front of him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.