The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Triumph Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Triumph Hurdle 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    anthonycutt
    • Total Posts 980

Heroic stuff from Barizan. Normally I’d be gutted but I can’t help but be pleased this time.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

…….I am gutted….jumped every fence with Barizan albeit with my eyes closed..

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4294

Jeez, I’ve only just got home, and I find out Fist AND Goldilocks AND BB backed this. Next thing, you’ll be telling me Gordon backed it as well.

Haven’t studied any of today’s racing, as it looked horrendous last night, and I already had an AP bet on Alaivan and one on MM @ 80 to get placed in the Gold Cup, so I was content with that. Β£40 up on the week. 4 G1 winners! :shock: Must mean I lost a couple of hundred on the h’caps . . .

Anyway, saw this

Soldatino (FR)

* 4-y-o (25Feb06 gr g)
    * Graveron (FR) β€” Malory Du Chenay (FR) (Art Sebal (USA) )

and wondered what the hell it was. Actually, Graveron descends from Mill Reef, and Art Sebal is by Arctic Tern, so there are some familiar elements in it.

The Aftertiming King

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4294

and one on MM @ 80 to get placed in the Gold Cup, so I was content with that.

:shock:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

If there was such a thing as a straight 4cast I could have been a billionaire after that post :lol: As it is I’m content with the winner, the second and the SFC at 80/1 and ended up having a real touch…..now you can call that luck if you like but then what happened is the telephone line went down and was off for 5 hours which meant I couldn’t have another bet….I can assure you if it hadn’t I’d have lost a bundle as the only horse that I fancied for the rest of the day that came close was Nicky’s in the last…….Now that is what I call luck. :P

Still haven’t seen te Gold Cup though which is a bummer.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

…….I am gutted….jumped every fence with Barizan albeit with my eyes closed..

I still haven’t worked out why AP wasn’t riding him……..Not knocking the guy that rode it but surely would have won with him on board.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Fist; oddschecker are showing all the replays on their results page.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Thanks Moe but I think RUK block todays replays internationally somehow to save bandwith.or whatever…had this several times in the past..If I replay Binny race on Tuesday it comes up instantly but when I try todays races get none of them…probably be ok in a few hours time :wink:

grey dolphin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 653

What a great race – backed Barizan and some ride Tom O’Brien gave him. Fair play to the winner for being the only one who could get to him, but a shame for Evan Williams’ team.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

Didn’t you think you were going to have a heart attack watching it? I was a wreck!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

I was shouting stop you bastid so blame me :lol:

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Backed Barizan at 25/1 ew on Friday evening. Thought he boasted quite a similar profile to Katchit – plenty of experience, course and distance form, they even had similar ratings on the flat.

It was a very canny, enterprising ride from TJ, but I felt he could have got a breather into his horse at some stage of the race. As they started the descent to the second last I thought ‘Keep him together, keep him together’ – during that point of the race he nearly doubled his 8L lead!

Most, if not all, of the winners of the race this century were flat recruits, so I couldn’t fancy Soldatino.

Carlito Brigante was the one to take out of the race.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

I backed on Henderson horse (According) and one Munir horse (Sang Bleu).

Oh so close :lol:

jmfitz
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Barizan @120 on Betfair in Jan…still hurting.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

I feel your pain……..

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.