The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Winter World Series of Tipping – selections thread

Home Forums Racing Competitions TRF Winter World Series of Tipping – selections thread

Viewing 15 posts - 69 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16967

What a marathon compy Cormack :D just a bit confusing in parts not helped by The Forum Clock running one hour fast.

Would like to second Red Rum on the SP front, would make life easier for Nathan and whoever else may be totting up the scores during the compy, not having to check out all those early prices :shock: .

Maybe also a limit of 2 selections in each nominated race.
    Understand that multiple choices can be a profitable(I do it myself) but some of those 50/1 choices are each way savers and this is for a return on Win only so surely, in this case, its money lost without a return to nominate too many in just one race.
    Pricewise seems to focus on just the one horse per race with his choices.

Thanks to Nathan and Cormack for all the hard work and running this compy.

Jac :wink:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Jac, if one is viewing the forum but not logged in, then it will be one hour fast. In logged in mode it shows the correct (UK) time… this may well change on 31/3/2013, mind.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Maybe also a limit of 2 selections in each nominated race.

I think what we’re already doing on that part is fine.

For example both myself and Gingertipster picked the winner of the Paddy Power Gold Cup on Saturday but Ginger had 2 others alternative, meaning his profit was less, but he had a greater chance of winning.

Have multiple entries in a race is fine, but means your profit decreases and the competition is to have a bigger profit than everyone else and pricewise at the end.

Done a quick maths on 60% of the days CORMACK 15 suggested and I reckon it’s about 28 days.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16967

Jac, if one is viewing the forum but not logged in, then it will be one hour fast. In logged in mode it shows the correct (UK) time… this may well change on 31/3/2013, mind.

At the third stroke it will be 10 33 and 15 seconds pip pip pip..thank you Mr. P :wink:
    The Forum clock still looks fast to me though :?

@Red
    Rum77… definitely see your point there as long as the winner is found amongst the multiple choices then the losses are covered. My moneys already on GT to win this but good luck to all..Jac :D

ArkleSupreme
    • Total Posts 62

Triptych New Approach ??

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

People should get used to the rules if we keep them the same. So many quoting odds after the 10pm deadline the night before for taking prices. I myself came on here to put a tip up for Monbeg Dude, only to realise I’d missed the 12pm deadline for SP bets. :oops: Missed a 25/1 winner! :lol: It won’t happen again.

At least it gives everyone a chance of beating me, eh Triptych! :wink:

Impressive start Red Rum, well done.

It’s up to everyone to read the rules so it’s my fault. But if a seperate thread is started each week David/Nathan, may be a reminder of the deadlines and win only would be a good idea.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16967

We’re all going to have to get up very early in the morning to beat you GT :wink: but taking part will be all the more fun.
    That 10pm deadline for SP’s the night before threw me too, although none of mine won, everyone has to be aware of the rules :mrgreen: ..shame about your 25/1 Monbeg Dude, his sire Witness Box was and old fav of mine back in the 90’s, good call, hope you were on. :wink:

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Ok – rule changes for week 2 –

Prices can be quoted up to 9 am Saturday – after that it’s SP only. But you must name the firm and price can’t be higher than the one quoted on the Pricewise table for that horse/race/firm if it’s a Pricewise table race.

Remember – it’s only 60% of the SATURDAYS you need to post on – other days are optional.

Any selections posted after 10pm last weekend should have been settled at SP. If that’s not the case let Nathan/me know and we’ll amend. It’ll settle down in a week or two!

GT – I’ll post full rules each week for clarification.

Sorry about forum clock :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16967

Triptych New Approach ??

Welcome Arkle Supreme – Yes it’s a glitch that I can’t seem to amend via my profile and I’ve no idea how to change it.

Edit: Thursday..Done it..just found out it’s changed via the Status option in your Profile, suspect everyone knew that anyway :oops:

My Avatar is New Approach taken at Dalham Hall Stud just before he started his illustrious career as a stallion, but my Forum name is Triptych after that gallant mare who sadly died in 1989 in a freak accident whilst in foal to Mr. Prospector. Amongst many successes she won the Champion Stakes at Newmarket twice, the Coronation Cup at Epsom and was the only filly ever to win the 2,000 Guineas in Ireland whilst in training with David O’Brien.
    Devasted to loose her this way..lovely tribute on You Tube by Lord Oaksey.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S33KFoM3EA

Hope this helps explains your query..
    Back to the compy :D Jac

ArkleSupreme
    • Total Posts 62

So you are not the same Triptych from Harlow,Essex who was on the BBC 606 Forum and whom I met at Ascot a few years back ?

New Approach was a brilliant racehorse and only injury prevented him from winning even more races as a 3 year old,and was Champion 2 and 3 year old..the first horse to achieve that since Reference Point in 1987,whilst he has sired a brilliant Champion already in Dawn Approach.

I saw Triptych run in the late 80s also when Dancing Brave and Nashwan were my particular favourites,and I was present for the Derby’s and the famous 1986 Prix De L’Arc de Triomphe race also, where I won a small fortune backing "The Brave" at 5/2.

Great memories as always !

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Walkon 2pt Win (Coral & Ladbrokes) 8/1
    Cross Kennon 1pt Win Coral) 33/1
    Poker De Sivola 1pt Win (Various) 25/1

Even by my own standards, them two were both backed, and both hurt.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16967

So you are not the same Triptych from Harlow,Essex who was on the BBC 606 Forum and whom I met at Ascot a few years back ?

Sorry to disappoint but no I am not she :o , first time I have heard of the BBC 606 Forum. I’ve only been to Ascot once and prefer my local course Newmarket where I try my best never to miss a meeting. You can get closer to the horses there, the Guineas meeting and the July Cup are my favourite venues.

Good luck in the competition Arkle Supreme if you are taking part and have read this thread you will have gathered it’s going to be a tough ride,some well informed tipsters on here and some not so well informed :mrgreen:

Thanks for all your comments, can’t wait to see Dawn Approach win the 2,000 Guineas in 2013 :wink: Jac

Note:

Just Googled the BBC 606 Forum and apparently it has closed down.
    What’s going on with the BBC and Sport? :shock:

ArkleSupreme
    • Total Posts 62

Thanks for the update,Triptych !

So where do we post our selections then ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 16967

Thanks for the update,Triptych !

So where do we post our selections then ?

Cheers AS :D
    I’ve posted below three links to current Racing Competitions. To find these normally you must go to the Racing Forum and find

Racing Competitions

click on this link and it will lead you into the Competition section.
    This is the link to this competion, where you can choose as many horses as you like and if you wish nominate an SP up until 9 am Saturday morning and Sunday morning. The compy runs until Grand National and the winner is the person who has made the most profit to a £1 stake WIN ONLY..READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU SELECT and good luck. :D
    https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … =3&t=91927

This Competition is run every Saturday by Bob Rolf (Paddy Power) and you have to choose 4 horses and 2 or 3 reserves…the highest scorer wins each week and at the end of the month (or number of weeks allocated) there is a prize. Points are rolled over each month and at the end of the Series there is an overall winner..Read the rules as the scoring system also includes placed horses and you must NAP one horse for double points each week.
    https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … =3&t=91925

This competition is purely for fun and was initially set up. thanks to TRF, by a crowd of us who defected from Yahoo Horseracing section last year.
    All you have to do is select 3 horses that will win on Saturday, one to be your NAP and 2 Reserves. Points added up during the week and a Leaderboard updated each week. At the end of the Jumps compy (again Grand National Day) virtual prizes are awarded, so you might end up in the Virtual Penthouse with a bottle of virtual Champagne and some fluffy slippers.
    https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … =3&t=91940

You must post before the time deadline in this competitiion which is normally an hour before the first race of the day.

Off to post for the compys now..hope to see you later..Jac :D :wink:

• Total Posts 54

14.00 Ascot : Smad Place
    15.10 Ascot : Cash and Go : 8/1 (William Hill)

Viewing 15 posts - 69 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.