The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Vs Pricewise 2015

Home Forums Racing Competitions TRF Vs Pricewise 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Saphir Du Rheu is 6/1 with Ladbrokes after their price reshuffle, More Of That 7/2 and Zarkandar 10/1.

Oh look, what a tipster I am. I tipped a 7/1 shot at 9/1, which wasn’t 9/1 until after I tipped it and then only for a few minutes. Oh look, it’s 6/1 now, how clever am I?

For what it’s worth I think Saphir Du Rheu is p.poor value at 6/1. Failed chaser returning to hurdles has everyone reaching for the "How to make another Big Bucks" book from the shelves. I don’t think he’s got the class and that was a mighty poor renewal of the Cleeve Hurdle when you compare some of those who have won it over the years.

6/1? Nay, nay Mr Wilks.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’d like to swap my probably ludicrous Rigour Back Bob tip for More Of That win at 5/1 then if that’s allowed?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

All Ladbrokes staff were on red alert this morning and the one manned shops were planted with a mole to complain at the FOTB in which would last the 7 minutes leaving Tom’s fans frustrated at the tills…….. :mrgreen:

Have you ever seen the film The Sting Nathan?

I think the section of the movie was called "The Shut Out", where other "punters" conspire to prevent the Robert Shaw character from getting his bet on in time.

The film credits now read:-

Ladbrokes played by Paul Newman

Tom Segal played by Robert Redford

TRF Punter played by Robert Shaw

Nathan Hughes played by Johnny Depp

Venture To Cognac played by Charles Dance

Thehorsesmouth played by Cillian Murphy

The Ante Post King played by Jude Law

Gingertipster played by Damian Lewis

Steve Caution played by Iain Glen

Saphir Du Rheu played by Time For Rupert

What a movie!

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

They let me get a score on well past 9:00

[attachment=0:2n5xlnv7]temp.jpg[/attachment:2n5xlnv7]

Now I just need to work out whether I think it can actually win. I’m a sucker for an offer :D

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

All Ladbrokes staff were on red alert this morning and the one manned shops were planted with a mole to complain at the FOTB in which would last the 7 minutes leaving Tom’s fans frustrated at the tills…….. :mrgreen:

Have you ever seen the film The Sting Nathan?

I think the section of the movie was called "The Shut Out", where other "punters" conspire to prevent the Robert Shaw character from getting his bet on in time.

The film credits now read:-

Ladbrokes played by Paul Newman

Tom Segal played by Robert Redford

TRF Punter played by Robert Shaw

Nathan Hughes played by Johnny Depp

Venture To Cognac played by Charles Dance

Thehorsesmouth played by Cillian Murphy

The Ante Post King played by Jude Law

Gingertipster played by Damian Lewis

Steve Caution played by Iain Glen

Saphir Du Rheu played by Time For Rupert

What a movie!

Eric Morecombe played by Cormack! :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

They let me get a score on well past 9:00

[attachment=0:h7cmytk3]temp.jpg[/attachment:h7cmytk3]

Now I just need to work out whether I think it can actually win. I’m a sucker for an offer :D

Lee

Big achievement getting on at 9/1 after 9.00am Lee.

I looked at the Pricewise pages in The Racing Post and the guide stated that Ladbrokes were 9/1 but that the NRNB part of the deal didn’t apply until after 9.00am. That seemed to tie in suspiciously with the timings Nathan got from Oddschecker and the 8.59 cut off point that was suggested by those figures.

Whatever the outcome, the whole affair stinks like a kipper on a radiator after a week. I have to say I was overcome by disgust and closed my Racing Post feeling sick to the pit of my stomach.

I then put The Racing Post back on the shelf in Tesco and left without buying it. That’s how strongly I felt about the dishonesty of it all :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I then put The Racing Post back on the shelf in Tesco and left without buying it. That’s how strongly I felt about the dishonesty of it all :twisted:

Was this before or after you auditioned Time For Rupert? :D

Glendronach
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16

I’m a bit late with this.

World Hurdle: More of That 2 pts win, 4/1 Betway

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

:mrgreen: Brilliant Steve. I think I’d be more like Mr Bean to be honest.

When I was on oddschecker at about 9.15am they had all World Hurdle runners suspended under Ladbrokes.

Looks like they went back to 7’s at 8.59am and out again to 9’s at 9.38am and 9’s gone at 10.17am. Which looking at the time of Lee’s bet is not 100% accurate.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/world-hurdle/winner/bet-history/saphir-du-rheu/today

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 862

The strange thing was I expected it be gone in seconds but had a rigmarole trying to deposit because my card expired last month and Chrome was failing to load the extra security check for my new card and IE wasn’t letting me see the deposit box so it took me over ten minutes but I never got a "we’re sorry but the price has changed…" message.

It got to the point where I was stressing about getting a bet on that I wasn’t even sure I wanted :D .

Lee

Participant
    • Total Posts 16951

The cast of the TRF Vs Pricewise Thread
    played by
    Richard Dreyfuss (aka J Trotter)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJ3eovuzcc
    :wink: :mrgreen:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

I’m glad someone got nines . Went to my local ladbrokes at dinner time and they were going sixes. Showed them Tom’s article in the shop’s copy of the racing post and they never even knew they went nines.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

:mrgreen: Brilliant Steve. I think I’d be more like Mr Bean to be honest.

A bit harsh on yourself there Nathan.

There’s a section of the "Shut Out" scene where the Robert Shaw character gets his betting boots on and heads for the counter. Knowing that he must be stopped from placing the bet, the Gingertipster, played by Damian Lewis, cuts in and snarls up Doyle Lonnegan, in a conversation about whether, despite having the horse that actually won the race, he is actually getting the

value

. By the time Lonnegan susses it out the race is off and the shut out has been successful.

Later in the film, the actual

Sting

itself occurs and Doyle Lonnegan learns to his horror that the bet was a

place

on Lucky Dan and not a win. It’s all too late to change it and he loses the lot. Just to add insult to injury TAPK sidles up and says:-

"Should have been on ante-post like me Doyle, that way he was a good each-way bet, rather than the win only pish that Pricewise leaves you with"

Just as Lonnegan thinks it can’t get any worse, Iain Glen, playing Steve Caution comes up and says, in the worst Scottish accent every attempted:-

"Hoots Mon, Lonnegan, ye wirna oan thon’ Lucky Dan were ye? Thon’ cull Spencer wiz oan him, an’ he cannae ride for Jack and Danny"

Participant
    • Total Posts 533

2pt win Zarkandar @ 10-1 Ladbrokes WH

Participant
    • Total Posts 16951

played by

I must watch this film Jac :wink:

I last watched it on Netflix but believe it’s also available on LoveFilm and Amazon to rent around £2.49.
    It never ceases to make me laugh Bobby you can see so many people that you already know in the characters. :lol: :mrgreen:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

played by

I must watch this film Jac :wink:

I last watched it on Netflix but believe it’s also available on LoveFilm and Amazon to rent around £2.49.
    It never ceases to make me laugh Bobby you can see so many people that you already know in the characters. :lol: :mrgreen:

I must check that film out as well Jac. I’ve seen some good reviews for it but it got slated on Rotten Tomatoes (30%)

Participant
    • Total Posts 16951

I must check that film out as well Jac. I’ve seen some good reviews for it but it got slated on Rotten Tomatoes (30%)

Obviously not horse racing folk like us Steve :wink:
    It’s a crazy romp with a guy who is living the dream, not meant to be taken too seriously but a lot of fun. :D

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.