The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Ten To Follow Jumps

Home Forums Racing Competitions TRF Ten To Follow Jumps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13255

Well that’s the league now open so feel free to get a stable in. I’ve said this every
    year, it doesn’t matter a hoot to me whether your stable is a paid one or a free one,
    as far as the TRF league is concered both paid and free Stables will bw treated the
    same with regard to any prize money (Obviously in relation to the Tote’s paid competion
    they receive the big prizesif they win) I wouldn’t worry too much about that. obviously
    we are up against these big hitters with squillions of entries from big conglomerstes.

Entry Code is 000179. The league name is theracingforum.

Talking about TRF prize money , Mr John Gooch, who won the TRF flat Competition, and has
    very much been my partner with the prize mone, has decided to donate all his £50 winnings
    to this year’s Jumps Competition. This means we have
    :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: £100 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
    to Divy up. Obviously we will need 20 or more Stables to ensure a runners up prize,
    I don’t think that will be any problem with the popular jumps competition. I’ll discuss
    with John to see what we think would be that fairest breakdown.

I’ll no doubt add more as the stables are entered, but at this moment I’ll add the rules
    and stuff from the Tote’s site. C’mon, get those stables rolling in. I wish you all the
    very best, be lucky :good:

The competition opens for entries at 10am on Wednesday 23rd October 2024.
    All stables must be registered by 11am on Friday 15th November 2024.
    Selections within stables may be changed freely until the deadline.
    Ten to Follow points scoring starts at 11.01am on Friday 15th November 2024 and finishes
    at 11.59pm on Saturday 5th April 2025. Competition starts on Paddy Power Gold Cup Day at
    Cheltenham and ends on Grand National day at Aintree.
    There is a seven-day transfer window at the start of March ahead of the Cheltenham Festival,
    where all stables are allowed to make up to two substitutions.

How does Ten to Follow work?

Racing Post and Tote compile a list of over 500 horses, from which players will pick a
    stable of ten horses to follow for each stable they enter.
    Points are awarded to horses for winning and placing in their races throughout the season.
    The better the grade of race, the more points on offer.
    There will be 21 “Bonus” races across the season, including the Grand National on the closing
    day of the season.
    Each paid entry costs £5 (or €5.50 if playing in Ireland).
    The paid entry prize pool is determined by the total entries with the winner scooping 60% of the
    prize pool with prizes down to 10th place, plus five monthly prizes. This year’s edition will have
    a guaranteed min total prize pool of £/€100,000 with prizes paid for first 10 places.
    A 10% commission is taken by the Tote to cover costs of running the game, with the remaining net pool
    redistributed in prizes. There is a free to play competition (maximum one entry per person) where the
    season’s winner will receive £250 of Tote credit.

Bonus races and Scoring

Regular Points:
    Grade 1 win – 25 points,
    Grade 2 – 20 points,
    Grade 3 (Premier Handicap) – 15 points,
    Listed – 12 points,
    Any other race – 10 points.
    Points will also be awarded from returns of a £1 each-way bet on the Tote in each race a horse runs in. Example: £1 win at 5.50 + £1 place at 1.20 = 6.70 points awarded.
    For races run in UK and Ireland, the returns will be based on the standard Tote dividend.
    For races run overseas, the local tote return will be used (as published in the Racing Post)

Bonus Races:

Betfair Chase (Haydock)
    Coral Gold Cup (Newbury)
    Tingle Creek Chase (Sandown)
    King George VI Chase (Kempton)
    Welsh Grand National (Chepstow),
    Savills Chase (Leopardstown)
    Irish Champion Hurdle (Leopardstown)
    Irish Gold Cup (Leopardstown)
    Betfair Hurdle (Newbury)
    Arkle Chase (Cheltenham)
    Champion Hurdle (Cheltenham)
    Queen Mother Champion Chase (Cheltenham)
    Brown Advisory Chase (formerly the RSA Chase) (Cheltenham)
    Stayers’ Hurdle (Cheltenham),
    Ryanair Chase (Cheltenham)
    Gold Cup (Cheltenham)
    Betway Bowl (Aintree)
    Aintree Hurdle (Aintree)
    Melling Chase (Aintree)
    Liverpool Stayers’ Hurdle (Aintree)
    Grand National (Aintree)
    Bonus Race Points: Additional 25 points for a win, 12 points for finishing 2nd.

Where can I register my stables?

Ten to Follow at the Tote: http://www.tote.co.uk/tentofollow

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7771

I’ll stick an entry in. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.