The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Ten To Follow 2024/25

Home Forums Racing Competitions TRF Ten To Follow 2024/25

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 15015

With The Arc been and gone, I thought I’d get the ball rolling to give those who’re interested, plenty of notice.

To help me out a bit, can I ask you all to do your lists in Alphabetical order, and not do them all in Capital letters, or in bold, and also NOT number them, then that would be much appreciated, it really does save me a lot of extra work when copying and pasting on to my spreadsheet. The layout below is ideal.

Allaho
    Appreciate It
    Defi du Seuil
    Envoi Allen
    Epatante
    Honeysuckle
    Lostintranslation
    Monkfish
    Saint Roi
    Thyme Hill

I’ve decided to stick with the existing Bonus Races. I got a good few suggestions for additional bonus races, but I think there’s enough as it is. I did consider dropping The Bet365 Gold, but I’ve given it a stay of execution, as it got several runners this year

On the subject of Bonus Races, John Gooch has generously donated £100 to whoever scores the most on Bonus Races throughout the season. Many thanks John

No change to the transfer window either. Your new horse will be able to score straight away. In hindsight it was daft not letting them score straight away. Transfer Window will run from the end of Trials Day at Cheltenham to the start of Dublin Racing Festival.

Significant change to Rule 11, which should make it easier for you all

Rules and Points of Info

2024/25 TRF Ten to Follow Rules

1. Pick 10 horses to follow throughout this jump season, during the period from Saturday 2nd November 2024, to Saturday 3rd May 2025

2. Entries will be closed once the first race of the day is under way, on Saturday 2nd November.

3. Results will only count from National Hunt Races in Great Britain, and Ireland.

4. The Winner and Runner Up, will receive a cash prize. This final amount has yet to be confirmed, but I’ll confirm once finalised.

5. In the Event of a dead heat, points for race value will be awarded to both horses.

6. No points for a walkover

7. Pick any 10 horses of your choice.

8. Winning points will be taken from RP Website.

9. In the event of a major incident bringing a premature end to the season, or some similar unforeseen incident, I’ll make a judgment call, depending how far competition has gone.

10. In the event of a tie, the entry with most points from Bonus Races will be decided. If still tied, then highest scorer at Cheltenham will be the winner. If still undecided then those with most points from +£30k races will win……and so on. If a winner has still to be decided, then those with the biggest return for one race will get the prize, or those with the most 100 point scores, in the event of multiple 100 point winners.

11. Entrants can amend their lists before the 2nd November Deadline at any time. Seems sensible to me, to let you change at any time, so gives you more freedom to stick your list in early, as it’s now risk free.

12. After the last NH race on Cheltenham Trials Day on Saturday 25th January, a Transfer Window will run until the first NH Race on Saturday 1st February 2025.

13. Substitutes will score during The Transfer Window

1.IN A RACE WORTH £30,000 OR MORE TO THE WINNER = 25 points
    IN A RACE WORTH £25,000 UP TO £29,999 TO THE WINNER = 20
    IN A RACE WORTH £15,000 UP TO £24,999 TO THE WINNER = 15
    IN A RACE WORTH £10,000 UP TO £14,999 TO THE WINNER = 12
    IN A RACE WORTH LESS THAN £10,000 TO THE WINNER = 10

I’ll take the prize money from The Racing Post website, which would save me from converting Euros to Pounds for Irish races.

2.Tote dividend points will be awarded according to the official totewin including a £1 unit stake – as follows:

Win dividend – straight conversion from £’s to points. For example for a £7.70 win dividend the horse is awarded 7.7 points, £14.80 is awarded 14.80 points etc.

3. There will be no limit to the amount a horse can win on one single race.

4. An additional 25 points will be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races:

BETVICTOR GOLD CUP
    BETFAIR CHASE
    CORAL GOLD CUP
    TINGLE CREEK
    LONG WALK HURDLE
    KING GEORGE VI CHASE
    SAVILLS CHASE
    LEOPARDSTOWN CHRISTMAS HURDLE
    COTSWOLD CHASE
    IRISH CHAMPION HURDLE
    IRISH GOLD CUP
    ASCOT CHASE
    ARKLE
    CHAMPION HURDLE
    BROWN ADVISORY
    CHAMPION CHASE
    STAYERS HURDLE
    RYANAIR CHASE
    CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP
    AINTREE BOWL
    AINTREE HURDLE
    MELLING CHASE
    LIVERPOOL HURDLE
    GRAND NATIONAL
    SCOTTISH GRAND NATIONAL
    IRISH GRAND NATIONAL
    BET365 Gold Cup
    PUNCHESTOWN GOLD CUP
    PUNCHESTOWN CHAMPION CHASE
    PUNCHESTOWN CHAMPION HURDLE
    PUNCHESTOWN STAYERS HURDLE

Past Winners

2015 Goldie
    2016 Roosterbooster
    2017 Fantastic Fair Along
    2018 Buckers
    2019 FrankieMac
    2020 Euroalien
    2021 Euroalien
    2022 Buckers
    2023 All Jeff
    2024 Kris

Many many thanks to Kris, who has donated some of his winnings from last season, and Cormack, who has generously contributed as well

Hopefully we’ll get a good turnout, and best of luck to you all.

• Total Posts 15015

• Total Posts 15015

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4776

Comes round so fast these days, or it maybe I’m getting old. Anyway will put my 10 in before the deadline. :yahoo:

The best things in life are free.
    But you can give them to the birds and bees.

• Total Posts 15015

I’m getting old thinking about it Neil

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 598

The sound of VtC typing this much awaited post has woken me from my summer slumber. Looking forward to the return of the jumps. Will I go with another list of relatively unknown horses or will I have a crack at the tile this year? Who knows.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

Working on my ‘where did he dig that one up from?’ list for Scotland and The North once again. Preparing for my usual wooden spoon battle but should have some interesting left field selections.

Usual game at this time of year is to avoid those that run and win before the start date! On the upside, Ayr race on Nov 2nd so just have to target something for that meeting.

• Total Posts 15015

TYT, if you stick to your usual approach, we’ll be guaranteed a few hidden gems

Rob, same to you, absolutely nailed on that there’ll be at least one future star in your lot

I’ve got a shortlist of fourteen at the moment, and just waiting on somebody nicking one of them……………probably you Rob lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 2199

Seeing this TRF TTF post signals the real start of the NH season and the start of my favorite competition! :yahoo:

Thanks as always for getting this going again Bobby!

• Total Posts 15015

No probs Alien, look forward to giving you your Annual May donation lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 2199

I’m counting on it Bobby!! :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1455

You’re welcome VTC

Participant
    • Total Posts 93

Good man Bobby ! Great to have the Jumps back on the scene. Here’s my ten – for the moment:

Ballyburn
    Brighterdaysahead
    Constitution Hill
    Fact to File
    Fastorslow
    Firefox
    Grey Dawning
    Jonbon
    Slade Steel
    Teahupoo

I’ll ping you the usual. Thanks again for running this.

• Total Posts 15015

Good man ITS, and thanks for your usual generosity

Best of luck, and you’re first on the board

Participant
    • Total Posts 13241

So looking forward to this one Bobby, although God Knows why as
    I dom’t think I’ve reached the top half of the table yet. A change
    of strategy is called for, but what?

I’ll get the usual, plus upped a bit to pay for your bar-bill :whistle:

• Total Posts 15015

Unreal Graham, thanks very much, it’s really appreciated. I’ll send you a pm tomorrow…………just in from work and done in

Wish you the best of luck whatever strategy you go for

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

It’s back !!!

The recent form of the Twiston Davies yard is reminiscent of 20-25 years ago and really put me in the mood. Racing has some serious issues to deal with but this could be a fantastic jumps season

Can you DM me on X, VTC, about contributing… although I don’t have PayPal

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.