The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 Nominations

Home Forums Horse Racing TRF Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 Nominations

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

I think I may have corrected the possibly ‘offensive’ word on the possibly reported post.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

gamble, the report button is very close to the reply button and is sometimes pressed in error. Hth

IanDavies
    Participant
    • Total Posts 588

It’s true – I think I reported myself the other day.

A rare moment of self awareness, perhaps.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

Thanks for the conjoined input. I think it may have been gamble – I have ignored him for over s year and he can be spiteful.

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23314

(Gamble) the polls are no longer part of the old threads so impossible to go back and include the runners up as I wouldn’t know the results.

Member since March 2008
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

Well a lot of things were lost in the war; artefacts, rare art, gold and jewels and lists – the fact that grasshopper was possibly an old second most probably wont get him rubbing his legs into shreds.

:mail: …List lost list lost list lost list lost list lost

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

I have given myself part of the day off today – it looks
    grey, damp, and miserable outside and interludes have been filled with spatterings of rain and a blank canvas of people treading the pavements. I have enjoyed a relaxing time doing more or less nothing but also messing about in the lounge past and found and managed to defreeze my old acorn.

Razeen who had deleted the worst of his offending post after 63 minutes was quickly removed ( Jim wrote..’ Wow Raz is really fraz ‘ ) His reinstatement was supported by JimJTS, Grasshopper, Insomniac, Drone and Sky and myself – so some heavyweights. When I brought this up later ( a respectful time after Daylight’s death, Matron was still opposed and laid any change of mind at David Cormack’s feet. Nothing happened and the lounge had its lights out and has remained in relative darkness for a decade and a half. Social media upped its game and people were converted. These large data giants soon realized that controversial personages like Razeen were their bread and butter to increase clicks substantially. TRF learned this very late in the day that’s why Pilsen and Lake were allowed to run rampant on this board for so long. The data giants soon created algorithms to create fictitious clones to argue and cause the much needed controversy. ( Parler (taken down last Sunday by its competitors) did not, to its credit,follow suit with these contrivances for the 2:years it was in operation.

On the other important matter of the list I believe I can fill in the missing years but can anyone listed please confirm if I am wrong.

2006…Graysons Column

2005 – cancelled by Daylight for some reason ( possibly he forgot and he felt there was not enough time to set up)

Razeen admirably decided to organise his own Poster of the Year comp to keep it going -which was extremely well received. Diane Avis won convincingly.
    ( Ian Davies )

2004 David Cormack

2003 Ian Davies ( runner up Grasshopper )

2002 Ian Davies ( runner up Grasshopper)

I believe the comp started in 2002. If it was started in 2001 I believe David Cormack won it that year ( possibly Insomniac was runner up) that is my doubt – have sided with it starting in 2002. I was nominated the first or second year (2003/4) and I came 4th and Daylight was 5th.

The list… :mail: possibly completed

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23314

Thanks Gamble I’ll add those in the roll of honour

Member since March 2008
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

That’s very good of you Nathan maybe wait a little time for any feedback or corrections, but I sort of think I am right.

I fully realise these things I write about and even bang on about don’t concern the vast majority in here who are wedded to the present and more recent decade but they do seem important to me.

:mail: some might say he’s a bit daft.

Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5888

@Gamble

“Matron was still opposed and laid any change of mind at David Cormack’s feet.”

Absolutely correct.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2816

Thank you for your input on this Matron – it is appreciated.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.