The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 Nominations

Home Forums Horse Racing TRF Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 Nominations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 511

Daylight is involved in it in a way- so it should be taken seriously imo.

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23362

Daylight won’t be involved in this Tank
    He’ll be given Honorary Lifetime Achievement for being founder of TRF and I’ll be placing him at top spot
    I’d be amazed if anyone had any issues with that

Member since March 2008
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

Deleted

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

Deleted

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

deleted

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

Deleted

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

I think you were wrong to delete your post Nathan. I was also wrong. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa !!!!
    Leave the destruction of art to the administrators who are currently holed up in Room 101 enjoying a strange short-lived confinement to chasten their better judgment and in addition to the lockdown we all endure.

We must write freely in Liberte !

The List… :mail:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

There seems little interest in this and what Tank rather amusingly described as a caper,so maybe it is time to raise the white flag ?

I am not nominating further but I think Graysonscolumn – I seem to remember he was Jeremy – deserves a mention or an essay for his early years of contribution to this place and he won three awards since eclipsed by VTC – but he had his own flavour and wrote some sterling stuff over time.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

Tank now in a reargaurd action has certainly blasted some applecarts in here. As far as the registration of multiple personalities under one banner is the IP address not checked ?

Also if the total membership of this forum a staggering 54046 were to vote for one person could the counting mechanism cope ?

Trump would know these things but he’s fighting his own battles in Georgia.

The lost…. :mail:

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23362

I’ll put it all up for the vote soon
    Drone asked about this but has put his pc on lockdown… :bye:

Member since March 2008
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5143

I wouldn’t have suggested it if I’d recalled there’d been one just five years ago, so it seems rather pointless holding another poll now

And, quite understandably, I doubt TRF’s current crop of correspondents could give a flying about who was who way back whenever when the world was young and life was simple :wacko:

Slight piss-take anyway ref: “has-beens”

Forget it, you well-meaning young chap ;-)

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23362

Yes, thanks Drone, I’ll put daylight in the honours and leave it for twenty five years for the next one :rose:

Member since March 2008
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

Well Nathan I will leave that to your better judgement but you ought to at least wait until the other poll has finished, I would have thought, and as for numbers of nominated ( I have nominated three – is that within the rules ?) would there not be a minimum number ?

Tank’s overhyped concerns are legitimate but in reality people will not create new ID’s or vote for themselves ( possibly the latter the more likely) in 99.8% of cases I would have thought – but I cannot say for sure. I think clones are more a thing of the past – well hopefully so, dont you think gamble ?

As for Drone – it is rather strange he has gone quiet – Tank also is in retreat and I had thought Drone is waiting for him to come back. I hope not to be writing so much now as I have so much to catch up on but have to say it has been a real frolick in the waves for me over Xmas tide. Xmas is alas, officially over.

I will continue possibly with my light hearted gripe thread, at a measurably slower pace, but the splash content may upset some, so if you do go ahead with this, I may hand this to you or others on a plate. I wish you well whatever, and you certainly deserve silverware for your gargantuan efforts over time on truffle.

The list… :mail:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2837

Oh I see God has just spoken from his rafters of righteousness.
    Let us all bow down and adore him

The Lord…. :mail:

Oh come let us adrone him !

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5143

An epiphany, thank you Gamble :good:

We three kings of TRF are: Maxilon5, Grasshopper and Alan Ridley

There you go sweet baby Nathan, add them to ‘the list’

I enjoy your posts Gamble but did prefer them when composed in iambic pentameter whilst wearing your flatcap. Splish splosh splash away

54,000-odd ‘registered users’; 40-odd voters in the annual poll :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.