TRF Awards 2017 Nomination Thread

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Awards 2017 Nomination Thread

This topic contains 67 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Autumnal 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26219

Villain – Gingertipster

Now that’s more like it! :good:

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20742

lol Ginge,
    What’s the probability you win both….?
    :rose:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5856

Poster of the Year – So many that deserve a mention on this, but there’s just no getting away from
    the fact that VENTURE TO COGNAC constantly writes superb race analysis and works
    overtime in here. If there was a subs bench I’d have Ginger, Steeplechasing, Nathan,
    Triptych and Steve.

Thread of the year – It’s nearly achieving legendary status, so Joni’s “WHY FRANKEL WILL RULE THE WORLD”
    would be a worthy winner.

Flat Horse – I’m trying my best not to “go with the crowd”, as has been mentioned on here, but
    there’s just no getting away from ENABLE (although I thought Harry Angel was a star
    too)

Jumps Horse – UNOWHATIMEANHARRY. With six wins out of seven last year, and even on his one off day,
    he still managed to get 3rd in the Stayers Hurdle. He was my champion.

Flat Jockey – FRANKIE DETTORI

Jumps Jockey – JACK KENNEDY

Flat Trainer – Aiden O’Brien

Jumps Trainer – Nicky Henderson

Hero – Freddie Tylicki, for showing true grit.

Riding Performance – Jack Kennedy on A Toi Phil in the Coral.ie Handicap Chase at Leopardstown
    on January 22 2017. If ever a horse had no chance to win, practically right
    round, and then won, it was this one. If you missed this race, watch the rerun
    I still don’t know how he got up. Absolutely brilliant ride.

Broadcaster – Ed Chamberlain. I was pretty much in the horrors when ITV got the racing coverage
    from Channel 4, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. He doesn’t seem to be everyone’s
    cup of tea, but I think he does a decent job as anchor.

One to Watch in 2018 – GREAT FIELD. He’s not been out yet this season, but the way he won the Ryanair
    Novice Chase at Punchestown in April, despite his saddle slipping 2 out, makes
    him look like he might just be a bit special

Racecourse – Cheltenham, it’s not original, but I love the place.

Journalist – Chris Cook

Villain – The evil scum that set the stable of Hettie and Impossible Dream alight.

Owner – The late Ann and Alan Potts. It’s a bit of a landslide in here, but I’m
    not going to pick another when I think they should be well remembered and
    worthy winners.

Commentator – Simon Holt

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 429

Poster of the Year
    Venture to Cognac, for the big race previews, his tipping and research threads like Nothing Gained + The Midnight Club are excellent, for the big winners + that Cheltenham Festival he had was incredibly successful, I have never seen one like it.

Thread of the year
    I really like Gingertipsters threads + as much as the methodology and percentages confuse me, he gets results. I will put Gingers winners. Nathan I am struggling to copy the link

Flat Horse enable

Jumps Horse Sizing JOHN

Flat Jockey

Jumps Jockey ROBBIE Power

Flat Trainer

Jumps Trainer Jessica Harrington

Hero

Riding Performance Richard Johnson on Beer Goggles

Broadcaster MATT Chapman

One to Watch in 2018 JAMES Bowen

Racecourse

Journalist

Villain I had a few but another vote for those fire starters

Owner

Commentator Richard Hoikes

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 430

Poster of the Year

Thread of the year, I would agree with previous comments. I think that despite a good year for The Racing Forum, I can’t think of a thread at all that would deserve a vote. I’m sure there were some, but I must have missed them.

Flat Horse Cracksman. I am sure Enable will win this and deservedly so, but I just found the performances of Cracksman to be breathtaking.

Jumps Horse Buveur D’Air

Flat Jockey Rab Havlin

Jumps Jockey

Flat Trainer John Gosden

Jumps Trainer

Hero

Riding Performance

Broadcaster

One to Watch in 2018

Racecourse Sandown. I had some incredibly enjoyable days, and nights there this year, and I just feel it goes from strength to strength.

Journalist

Villain

Owner

Commentator Richard Hoiles

Himself
    Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Horse : Enable – no contest .
    Jockey : Ryan Moore – a class above the rest .
    Trainer : Aiden O’Brien – ditto
    Broadcaster : Mick Fitzgerald .
    Poster of the year : Hmmm , its getting a bit like tv’s soap opera awards where it is becoming obvious that a select few construct their posts with the Xmas awards uppermost in their minds . For that reason , I’ve jettisoned the lot of them :yes:
    However , one poster seems to have fended off the slings and arrows with a mixture of stoicism and rancour , and many of his opinions on certain subjects I find myself agreeing with .
    So,take a bow , Steve Caution . You’ve got my vote .

That said , I must put in a special word for my favourite poster , who like myself , doesn’t post as often as he should.

I can easily spot a fellow intellectual 5 furlongs away. This man is not only erudite and knowledgeable but but has a command of the English language and English grammar that is second to none on these pages – and he has A very dry sense of humour , which I love . My honorary Xmas present of 2017 goes to … drum roll … Drone . :good:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20742

Deadline extended to tomorrow night (midnight) then I’ll get the voting threads set up over the weekend at some stage

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 242

Poster of the Year VTC
    Thread of the year ??
    Flat Horse Enable
    Jumps Horse Sizing John
    Flat Jockey Josephine Gordon
    Jumps Jockey Jack Kennedy
    Flat Trainer John Gosden
    Jumps Trainer Gordon Elliott
    Hero Faugheen, it was a great comeback by The Machine
    Riding Performance ??
    Broadcaster Gary O’Brien
    One to Watch in 2018 ??
    Racecourse Navan. My local track, and I think the quality of the racing on offer, is improving by the year.
    Journalist??
    Villain ??
    Owner ??
    Commentator ??

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.