The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Treble for Sheila Lewis at Hereford

Home Forums Horse Racing Treble for Sheila Lewis at Hereford

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    simonnott
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

A treble for Sheila Lewis at Hereford – here’s the report https://www.starsportsbet.co.uk/simon-nott-hereford-tuesday-on-course-report/

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1781

I was just about to start the same thread after Cotton End came home alone in the 3.33 at Hereford.
    You know she is just the kind of type I like to follow for such a “big day”. Yesterday evening I was looking at the first race and thought Straw Fan Jack would be a great price at 25s. But, what put me off was her dismal record at Hereford in the past 5 years: 2-29….

Otherwise, I like targeting female trainers, like Amy Murphy, Heather Main, Eve H-J, and so on… Maybe one day I’ll get it right. Hope some of our forumites had a profitable day or maybe you, Simon

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2949

“But, what put me off was her dismal record at Hereford in the past 5 years: 2-29….”

Is that really a dismal record with the horses she had/has?
    What price were all the horses in their respective races, what sort of chance did they have and how did they run? How many winners could you expect?
    What price were the 2 winners and what was the profit/loss to a pound level stake on all her runners at Hereford?

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1781

It is a poor record in my opinion, especially if you go against the likes of Nicholls, Lacey, Tim Vaughan in a pretty decent novice hurdle. Then you look at the jockey riding for her, who was 2-32 this season until yesterday and who has an overall strike of 7% in the past five years. In the end you will admit that the 25/1 winner was nothing special and that you’ll get better 25/1 shots in the course of a year. He was also a lot higher on the exchanges.

But, what I’m trying to say, is that trainers like her, who also run a beauty parlour besides the training operation, are pretty important to this game.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

I hope she had a nice trixie on them

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7862

I follow several lady trainers. It started when I realised that Pam Sly had an amazing strike rate with steeplechasers. Then I added Sheena West and I’m now following Heather Main. Also Reg Hollinsheads daughter Sarah [?]but that isn’t because she trains lots of winners, it’s because she has a kitchen full of rescue whippets.

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1781

I think Rebecca Menzies needs to be mentioned too, Moe.

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 522

I hope you had a double on Alexandra Dunns runners today Moe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.