The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2024

Home Forums Racing Competitions Tote Ten To Follow (flat) 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Hello all, Ive set up a league for the TTTF flat season. The competition
    is open from today and starts on 31st May (11am) and closes 19th October
    2024. I’ll add more info shortly, but just to get a league started.

league name – theracingforum

Pin Code – 000106.

All registered TRFers welcome :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Ok so below is the gubbins if you want to go through them. I’d imagine most know
    it pretty well by now but perhaps it could be useful to any new blood, which is
    always welcome :good:

As before I’ll be sticking up £50 for the league winner and £25 for the runner up.
    My wingman, John Gooch, has graciously offered to cover the £25 runner up prize.
    We will need to have 20 stables or more if there is to be a runner up prize. I
    don’t think that will be a problem.

You can stick in a stable now and change it as many times as you want before the
    competition gets underway. There is a transfer window which starts at 11am on
    Wednesday 14th August and runs until 11am on Wednesday 21st August 2024.

As far as paid or free Stables, in respect of the TRF league it matters not
    a jot, both will be treated the same in the TRF league. Obviously in the big
    competition it is different as the big money prizes will be won by the paid
    stables. Free stables still gets prizes, just at a much lower level.

I’m sure there’s more I meant to say but my brains gone numb so this will have
    to do for now. If anyone wants to ask a question or needs any help please fire
    away. Best not to wait for the morning of the competion start as it can get a
    bit clogged up. One important issue is that the starting time is when the league
    is formed and that will be the full league. Anyone entering during the competition
    will not be considered for the winner and runner up prize. Please try and be in
    before the off to save me getting PM’s from concerned parties.

All the very best for now :good:

Entry Conditions

In order to participate, You must be a newly registered or existing customer at http://www.tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/play/ or http://www.tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/racing-post (hereinafter a “Tote Customer”)
    Tote Customers may enter into a paid competition (the “Paid Competition”). Each entry into the Paid Competition will be charged at £5 (or €5.50 in Euros). There is no restriction on how many entries per customer can be made into the Paid Competition.
    Each Tote Customer is entitled to one (1) free entry towards a separate Tote Ten to Follow competition (the “Free-to-Play Competition”).
    This competition is only available to individuals aged 18 (eighteen) years and over who are resident in the UK and Ireland. Underage gambling is a criminal offence and is not tolerated by us. We reserve the right to request age and identity verification documentation from any customer at any time and to render void any bets with persons under the age of 18.
    This competition will open for entries at 11am on Monday 20th May 2024. Entries must be submitted by 11am on Friday 31st May 2024.
    You must select ten (10) horses to follow from the list of horses put together by the Tote and Racing Post. The chosen horses will be placed in Your virtual stable (a “Stable”).

Scoring

Points shall be accumulated by the horses in Your Stable every time they win or are placed in a qualifying race run between 11am on Friday 31st May 2024 and the finish at 6pm on Saturday 19th October 2024, subject to the following conditions:
    Horses score points by winning and being placed in races run under the Rules of Racing in Great Britain or Ireland. The score is based on a combination of points based on the grade of the race and the Tote dividend of your successful selection.
    You score more points the better the grade of race, and there are bonus races (indicated below) where bonus points are scored.
    Points are awarded as follows:
    Grade 1 win – 25 points;
    Grade 2 win – 20 points;
    Grafe 3 win – 15 points;
    Listed win – 12 points;
    Any other race win – 10 points;
    An additional 25 points are awarded to winners, and 12 points are awarded to the runners-up in the bonus races listed below.
    Points will be awarded for all races in UK and Ireland, as well as Group/Graded races in France, and Group/Grade 1s only in other countries (eg: USA, Germany etc)
    The bonus races are:
    The Oaks (Epsom) – 3yo Fillies 1m4f
    The Derby (Epsom) – 3yo Colts 1m4f
    Irish Derby (Curragh) – 3yo Colts 1m4f
    Queen Anne Stakes (Ascot) – 4yo+ 1m
    The Commonwealth Cup (Ascot) – 3yo 6f
    St James’ Palace Stakes (Ascot) – 3yo Colts 1m
    Prince of Wales’ Stakes (Ascot) – 4yo+ 1m2f
    Ascot Gold Cup (Ascot) – 4yo+ 2m4f
    Coronation Stakes (Ascot) – 3yo Fillies 1m
    Platinum Jubilee Stakes (Ascot) – 4yo+ 6f
    Eclipse Stakes (Sandown) – 3yo+ 1m2f
    July Cup (Newmarket July) – 3yo+ 6f
    King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes (Ascot) – 3yo+ 1m4f
    Sussex Stakes (Goodwood) – 3yo+ 1m
    International Stakes (York) – 3yo+ 1m2f
    Nunthorpe (York) – 2yo+ 5f
    Ebor (York, Heritage H’cap) – 4yo+ 1m6f
    Ayr Gold Cup (Ayr, Heritage H’cap) – 3yo+ 6f
    Irish Champion Stakes (Leopardstown) – 3yo+ 1m2f
    St Leger (Doncaster) – 3yo 1m6f
    Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Paris Longchamp) – 3yo+ 1m4f
    Champion Stakes (Ascot) – 3yo+ 1m2f
    Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Ascot) – 3yo+ 1m

Points will also be awarded based on the returns to a £1 each-way bet on the Tote price (as published in the Racing Post) in each race a horse runs in. For races outside the UK and Ireland, the Tote returns used will be the tote return local to that racecourse as published by the Racing Post.
    Example: £1 win at 5.50 + £1 place at 1.20 = 6.70 points awarded.
    The period for scoring points will finish at 6pm on Saturday 19th October 2024.

Free-to-Play Competition Rules

The highest scoring Stable at the end of the Free-to-Play Competition will win £250 in Tote Credit.
    All Tote Credit prizes issued in respect of the Free-to-Play Competition will be subject to the full Tote credit terms, that are available to view at http://www.tote.co.uk/racing/info/tote-credit. Key terms of which are:
    Tote Credit is provided for customers to bet with and may never in any circumstances be withdrawn as cash.
    Although Tote Credit cannot be withdrawn, any winnings derived from bets placed with Tote Credit can be withdrawn.
    Tote Credit will be subject to expiry within 7 (seven) days of it being credited to Your Account.
    Tote Credit gives you all the functionality of a real money bet with all funds going directly into the relevant racing pool resulting in the full Tote dividend upon settlement being returned to you.
    Tote Credit can only be redeemed across racing bets, as follows: Toteexacta, Totetrifecta, Toteswinger, Totejackpot, Toteplacepot, Totequadpot, Totescoop6, Totesurvivor, Totewin and Toteplace. This list may be amended from time to time.

Paid Competition Rules

For the 2024 Flat Ten To Follow game, Tote will take 10% commission on each Paid Competition entry to go towards the costs of operating the competition. All remaining money collected will be redistributed as prizes.
    The highest scoring Stable at the end of the competition will win 60% of the net prize pool (as calculated below), with additional prizes for second (2nd) to tenth (10th) place finishes.
    In addition, the highest scoring Stable in each of the calendar months of June 2024, July 2024, August 2024, and September 2024 will be awarded a prize of 3% of the total net pool after the Tote has deducted its 10% commission.

The season win pool is calculated as follows:
    Stakes from all Paid Competition entries 100%
    (Less) Tote commission (10%)
    Season Win Pool Total = 90% of Paid Competition entries

The Paid Competition Season Win pool will be broken down as follows:
    Position %*
    Fund If £50,000 in total entries If £100,000 in total entries
    1st 60% £27,000 £54,000
    2nd 10% £4,500 £9,000
    3rd 5% £2,250 £4,500
    4th 3.5% £1,575 £3,150
    5th 3% £1,350 £2,700
    6th 2.5% £1,125 £2,250
    7th 2% £900 £1,800
    8th 1% £450 £900
    9th 0.5% £225 £450
    10th 0.5% £225 £450
    June Monthly 3% £1,350 £2,700
    July Monthly 3% £1,350 £2,700
    August Monthly 3% £1,350 £2,700
    September Monthly 3% £1,350 £2,700

The winner will be guaranteed a minimum of £10,000. If the winner’s 60% share of the net pool is less than £10,000, Tote will contribute the difference to total £10,000 in prize money to the winner. If the prize pool is such that the winner’s share exceeds £10,000, the winner’s prize will increase (as per the table shown above.
    Should more than one Stable score the same winning score, the Stables will be ranked in the order they were purchased (or in the case of free Stables, submitted) and the earliest submission will be awarded the prize. The selections within each Stable can be changed freely up until the competition closes for entries at 11am on Friday 31st May 2024. For the avoidance of doubt, each Stable will be timestamped when it is paid for (or in the case of free Stables, initially submitted), and not when any selections are subsequently made or Stables otherwise amended.
    Winners will be paid directly into their Tote accounts, where the balance can be withdrawn using the normal withdrawal process.

Smart Pick

The ‘Smart Pick’ auto-fill algorithm is intelligently designed to select the best horses to help maximise points for your Stable. The algorithm considers a range of data points to help calculate suggested picks for your Stable according to an historically optimal balance as used by previous high scoring Stables in previous Competitions. Whether you just want the algo to pick 1, 2, or up to all 10 horses, it will pick a balanced Stable of horses optimised to score the most points across the season.
    The ‘Smart Pick’ feature is designed as a tool to aid in the selection of your stable, but is no guarantee of performance and we accept no liability in this respect. You are responsible for your own decision with regards the submission of any Stable entries. Whilst we have provided details on the potential benefits of the Smart Pick functionality we do not and will not provide any formal advice in relation to a Stable in the Paid Competition or Free-To-Play Competition (together the “Competitions”). You must rely on your own judgement in deciding to enter a Stable into the Competitions.

General Rules

You can monitor your entry online (either at http://www.tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/play/ or http://www.tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/racing-post), where an updated leaderboard will display the highest scores in both the Free-to-Play Competition and the Paid Competition at any given time.
    You will have the opportunity to make online substitutions during a transfer window, which will open from 11am Wednesday 14th August 2024 to 11am Wednesday 21st August 2024 to coincide with the start of the York Ebor meeting. A maximum of two (2) substitutions per Stable will be permitted. We reserve the right to modify the list of horses available for selection at any point during the competition.
    Stables only score points for horses while they are active in their Stable. If Horse A is substituted from a Stable and replaced with a new Horse B, the Stable retains the points already scored by Horse A while Horse A was part of the Stable but earns no further points in respect of Horse A following substitution, and Horse B only begins to start scoring points for its new Stable once that substitution is complete. The Stable does not inherit points already scored by Horse B while it was outside the Stable.
    A horse will be eligible to score points for your Stable as soon as the substitution is complete. The substitution window does not need to close on 21st August 2024 before the horse can score points for your Stable.
    We reserve the right to modify the list of horses available for selection at any point during the competition.
    Please note that Stables entered into private leagues may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which will be made available to all private league entrants.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Thanks for running this Graham
    I’ll be in for sure

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2976

Well done BigG. I am even more clueless than usual but will definitely have a bash.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Excellent Nathan and Catherine, so glad to see the pair of you signed
    up again :good:

John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 825

I have just entered my List named
    Numpty Plays The Flat (Free List)

Good Luck to all of you for the months to come. :good: :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 345

Thanks for setting this up Big G.

My list is entered, might need changing a bit after the coming weekends racing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Best of luck with your numpties John, and thanks again for your
    support for the £25 prize, it’s very much appreciated mate :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Nice one threenaps. Yes, I stuck in a lucky bag 10 to get the
    ball rolling so I’ll definitely be making a few changes too
    before the off :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Flat one is always tough

Especially this year as there aren’t many if any top class older horses almost guaranteed to pick up a couple of big races

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Spot on FF, I’ve no idea what’s going on. It could just be 10
    from the would be “lesser ranks” that are the ones picking up
    the points this year. Surely it can only get better, surely :unsure:

Good to have you with us again, daylight robbery at the end of the
    jumps :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Thanks for doing this again Graham I’ll go and wake up the Dark Angels and get my team entered.
    This must be the most difficult start to the flat season ever so I’ll put up a B Team add make some changes nearer the time.
    Best of luck to all… :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

You’re not wrong Jac. I think I’ll need to stop betting “smart” and go
    back to my gut picks of the outsiders, I’ve missed a good few I should
    have had. This is the hardest season for the start of the league, nobody
    can pick anyone with real confidence.

Anyway, for all that I’m just delighted to see the Dark Angels back with
    us this flat season Jac. That eye of yours around the paddock at HQ is
    going to be invaluable this year :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 92

Just stick in an entry to this Graham, although I don’t have a clue about flat racing ! Thanks for running it again.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

You’re very welcome Inthestream, I don’t think many of us have a clue
    about flat racing this year, some absolute shockers so far.

Best of luck, I think we’re all going to need some :scratch:

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Thanks for running. Totally agree big g.Have to say with the form book being thrown out repeatedly this season god knows what to pick. Really struggling to pick even a few banker horses for the year. Hopefully a few pop up over the next week or so to give me something to start with.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13202

Good to have you back with us Mickey :good:

I think there will be a bit of late scrambling
    hoping that something shows a bit of class. It
    seems sadly lacking at the moment :unsure:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.