The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Topham 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Topham 2012

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Looking through the entries and three that come to mind are Aimigale ,jumps well and is far better than her rating .Herecomesthetruth,a fabulous jumper and looked close to being a classy animal a few years ago .Tartak ,seems to be coming to hand and another who is not far off top class on his day.

I’ve discounted my favourite Always Waining as he will be busy winning the National on the Saturday.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1431

Billie Magern springs to mind. Wants further than 2, 5 but over Aintree it should make up for the 3 furlongs needed for him to be at his best.

If Fabalu is able to get a good lead; he’ll be hard to beat.

Hope Forpaddytheplasterer gets the go ahead, just for class sake. Looking like a very good race this year.

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

Yes, Billie ran a corked when 5th behind Alfie Sherrin last time, he surely has a big
    Rise in him.

Faalu would be tapped for toe on the good ground I feel, very much a soft ground performer.

It’s still too soon to write Mon Parrain I think, ran ok last time and should be wiser after his exploits in this last season.

flemo83
    • Total Posts 7

I like the look of Gonebeyondrecall. Finished 4th in the race last season and ridden with a bit more restraint he might go even closer. He hasn’t ran since september and looks to have been kept fresh for this (came into last seasons race on the back of a 4 month lay off) and off 4 pound lower he’s been given a chance by the handicapper. I’ve backed Always Waining the last 2 years and would have to again if he turned up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.