The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tom Scudamore – Significant or am I fooling myself ?

Home Forums Horse Racing Tom Scudamore – Significant or am I fooling myself ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1293

Has Mother Nature saved me from myself today ?

Looking at the abandoned 2.10 at Ffos Las today. Richard Lee has 2 runners Namely Knock a Hand likely to have been around 5/2 second favourite, and Cadoudalas around 14 – 16/1.

Regarding Knock a Hand, Scudamore has ridden him in 3 of his 4 races, winning on him twice (C Poste rode him last time out). Today Richard Johnson was to take the ride.

Cadoudalas was to be ridden by Scudamore who also rode him the last time he won.

Of Richard Lees runners in the last 30 days (courtesy of sportinglife.com), there have been 13 runners, 8 ridden by Scudamore, and just one by Johnson.

Now I had interpreted this as significant that Scudamore may have had the choice, and plumped for the much longer priced runner, and this was the direction that my hard earned pennies were heading.

Am I right or wrong, and should I be thanking Mother Nature ?

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Good point Coggy.

Unfortunately despite your good research we will never know

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

The owners were’t happy that RJ didn’t go up to Carlisle to ride him and the told Lee they didn’t want him on it?

That’s not a fact it’s a question.

Lots of reasons we never hear about and it’s dangerous to assume anything especially when one horse looks vastly superior to another.

If they fancied the horse strongly and wanted to have a punt they wouldn’t do a silly thing like put someone up with a choice on it and draw attention to themselves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.