To Punchestown and beyond

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays To Punchestown and beyond

This topic contains 398 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  ham 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 391 through 399 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

I think they are in the process of having a fantastic week as well- add to that Japan as well, who in theory has a fantastic chance. Fleeting, Constantinople and Lope Y Fernandez!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Absolutely No doubt in my mind sea of class is the best of those! Light rain forecast and a monsoon falls twice!

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

She might well be Ham, but that form isn’t something as a stick to beat them with. That ground will have taken some getting- Magical paid the price for giving CO a good advantage rounding the bend. Very hard using energy up to make up the ground on them + then go again on that ground especially on ground like that.

Happy my Move Swiftly saver landed 16s!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Cracking race today jack well deserved winner and the 2nd ran a cracker, sea of class as you can see about 4f was just given a day out (rightly so) but theres absolutely no doubt in my mind shes a better horse than CO and magical, the arc run is enough to convince me she had the potential if she maintained that level coming in as a 4yo to be the best and looking at her today before the race im certain of it,

9/1 about the king george is a cracking price

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

And yes the saver won that very very cosily

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Norfolk

I think the fav looks pretty solid, but hes just a touch short for a race like this, the coolmore domination i think will really kick into full effect today, mount fuji winning would not surprise me in the slightest, although i couldnt back him, the one im interested in e/w is ventura rebel, beat the ward hotpot LTO with the 3rd going on to win NTO, ground may be a slight question mark, but the rain should be finished at ascot now and it wont take long to dry out, good, good to firm by the end of play tomorrow, the godolphin horse has a nice formline also although praxeology probably IMO improved for the step up on trip so im not entirely sure how strong it is. Dont like anything else

Ventura Rebel 1 point e/w @12/1 4 places

Hampton court:

This is where im hoping the ground has really dried up, i always take the derby trials lightly, as usually the revolve around coolmore, horses get close to aidens FTO and it usually flatters them because aidens come
    On so much for the run and i think this is the case with fox chairman, i dont think he will cope with the more battle hardened in this, same applies to king ottokar as much as dashing willoughby enhanced the look of that race on the other hand norway let it down, i dont rate the form enough, dont like anything else bar cap francais who i think will outrun his odds and finally my selection, the 4th in france reads well IMO, drawn wide had to take a pull, although he never ended up in the worst spot tracking the eventual winner it wasnt the easiest run round, lacked the tactical speed off the bend so im hoping drawn 1 he will press on and be sitting mid div at worst, ground drying out will be perfect. Another max bet (have has a horrid record with my big bets recently, but nontheless i cant let that put me off)

Cape of good hope 5 points @11/2

Ribblesdale:

No bet race for me, fleeting running her epsom race wins this easily, but how will she fare being ridden as the best horse in the race rather than to pick up the pieces? If she comes out to 2/1 ill have a bet, but not at current prices, do not like anything atall in the race, dreadful.

Gold cup:

1 point e/w thomas hobson @20/1 Stradi the best in the race, the race at ascot in october reads well, on soft ground though which stradi is not seen to best effect on so the TH probably flattered by it, but a repeat of that he could sneaky sneak a place! Capri the other i like.

KGVS:

Just a small touch on .5 point e/w antilles @33/1 5 places

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Not so good today, ventura rebel should have won the first IMO :negative:

Albany:

This is a hot race, i could EASILY back 4 in it and i might by the time i finish typing this Daahyeh 1.25 points @9/2 Won very well FTO, form has obviously been boosted by raffle
    Prize although it does always slightly concern me about marking form up over sprinting trips when the horse your basing it on won over slightly longer or slightly shorter, in this case a furlong shorter, but its hard to not back him and he will be my saver, secondly Last surprise 0.75 point e/w @8/1 4 places Won that maiden with real ease and put the fav to bed although she hasnt done much and neither has her form, but its hard to argue how smart she looked, by the right sire atm and i like the look of her, third fancy is the hannon horse Kemble 0.75 point e/w @20/1 4 places Was getting weight in her maiden victory but cant argue with the manner in which she won illusionist since ran well at ascot this week, her maiden runs form ok with the 2nd coming out and winning since. Finally my main selection on the race in terms of winning, had a nightmare run FTO, twice got bumped, one very significant, stayed on right through the line gaining ground, gave up more than she lost by with interference, the winner since finished 4th in the queen mary, winning her side of the race, the step up here looks certain to suit, drying ground will suit, by the right sire and one im fond of, especially for sprinting 2yos. 1 point e/w moon of love @33/1 4 places

Jesus, cant remember the last time i had 4 in a race!

Japan should win the 2nd race but im avoiding the shorties today!

Commonwealth cup:

1 point e/w jash @5/1 3 places Looks like a bet to nothing, ten sovereigns might very well dot up,but i cant see jash being out the top 2 and will probably be the likeliest to benefit should the fav not return at his best! TS my idea of the winner.

Coronation:

Happy to pile onto hermosa if she drifts (she wont) but at this price given where i am in the week ill just take a small play on 0.75 point e/w pretty pollyanna @14/1 Not a strong race, if just wonderful wins you wont hear from me again…. LOL horse killed me in both guineas!

Two handicaps i havent a clue,

The ballydoyle group treble tomorrow will have the bookies attention, how short could hermosa go if the first two oblige. My last day tomorrow as ill be making my yearly visit to musselburgh harness racing which for some
    Unknown reason, is on ascot week this year!

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1882

Having a bit on Happen to perhaps finish best in the Coronation and pip Hermosa. Probably doesn’t happen, but big price!

Other than that, have 4s on Japan and 9s on Pondus. The way my nice anteposts yesterday went sour i won’t get my hopes up.

Off to Down Royal myself tonight Ham, Enjoy!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Having a little nibble over in france today

1 point marmelo @10/1 Not buying the opinion on lah ti dar not liking epsom, shes just not open group 1 quality IMO,shes 5/2 and marmelo who was well infront at epsom is 10/1, morgan le faye hasnt a prayer IMO, coronet probably the best of these but her reappearence wasnt exactly encouraging athough defoe has franked that somewhat since, she would be the danger but shes too short, thundering blue has the potential to win this but i think 12f in this company will stretch him, ignoring the charlton horse and the french outsider

Viewing 9 posts - 391 through 399 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.