The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tipsters

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jonny1ph
    • Total Posts 44

Judging by the recent thread re. Tipsters I think it’s fair to say they are generally not well received on this board.

I wondered does anybody have any success stories to share. <br>I have been getting info from Isiris and have made a 16 point profit in the last 3 months (it was 32 points until last 2 weeks).

Although 16 points does not seem much to betting to £100 a point it’s still £500 per month for the last 3 months and I would guess not many make that much per month on the GG’s.<br>

(Edited by jonny1ph at 10:27 pm on Oct. 31, 2006)

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Isiris have their good times and bad times. Keep with it and you’ll experience both I’m afraid and, because life is usually like that, they will come in that order.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Is that this Isiris ??

Taking a quick glance through the Racing Post it’s hardly suprising that no-one bothers their back-side with Tipsters they all seem to make a loss or make silly claims about themselves and get slapped down in court for doing so. When someone daft enough subscribes and ends up in the grubber.

No Tipsters make a long term profit, ever, not one .. !

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

A tipster shown in court to be acting dishonestly and untruthfullly DJ – surely not!

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

No Tipsters make a long term profit, ever, not one .. !

I don’t know just how long-term you want it to be, but after tipping 3 or more fixed-odds selections every day for over 6 months (about 200 days) The Four Horsemen in The Sportsman were a long way ahead.

Ironic though that is.  

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

The Sportsman should have had entire front pages dedicated to the four horsemen imo and a bloke with an odd name on betfair putting their selections up in the middle of the night.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Their name shall liveth on.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I don’t know just how long-term you want it to be<br>Prufrock Posted on 11:51 pm on Oct. 31, 2006

<br>About 4 years or 2000 selections, whichever comes first, anything less than that, could probably be put down to luck.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Would have been happy to oblige… :(

Brevityy
    • Total Posts 16

Timeform Raceline has made a profit at SP over 4 years dave jay.

Seems absurd to suggest tipsters CANNOT make it pay long-term, they are just glorified punters and, by your logic, no punters can make a profit either.

Morning Pru – the best of British for today…..

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

Profits are possible over very long periods, but only a very small percentage of punters manage to do it.

The norm, year in, year out, over a very long period, is an average loss of about 10 per cent on stakes.

Some tipping lines claim to make long term profits, but do charge very high fees. The only drawback to using such services is how you keep finding bookmakers to take your winning bets. If you use the exchanges, you might only get on at a price that reduces or negates your profit to the point where your fees are not covered.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I suppose it is a bit unfair saying ‘none of them can ever’ but when we hear people going on about Massey being great (and he is very good) and he returns a profit of 4%, it makes you wonder how much you would have to be punting to get any meaningful amount of profit.

It also worth taking into account that any successful Tipster will eventually get overbet .. the Racingsystembuilder tissue for example ?

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi gang

tipsters have quite a big influence on the betting market.<br>Therefore it is useful to know who’s tipping what.

Never follow tipsters blindly, this would mean that you give up all control into their hands.  Make your own decisions and back them up with tipster info.

Read between the lines and workout why they are pushing it. Then make an informed decision.

I wouldn’t touch the Winning Line with a barge pole.

Tipster stats are available on:<br>www.relayline.com

byefrom<br>carlisle

ps I think Isiris have made their tips difficult to relay???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.