The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TIPSTERS!

Home Forums Horse Racing TIPSTERS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    jimmyk
    • Total Posts 2

Just wondering if any one has tried or still using any tipster services. I have subscribed to quite a few including; Jock mckraken, Julian Barker, Michael Rose, David Charles, All England racing club, Peter Edwards acumaltor service, James Collins and quite a few more. I have been using these services with varying success. Some are completely rubbish others are ok. Do tipster have form or good runs or are they all just as s**t

as each other? I will be very interested to hear any ones views or opinions. I will be also willing to trade services or information if anyone has a decent tipster they are using. There are so many of these services out there promising the answer to all you bad racing day prayers. I would just like what any one else thinks.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

It’s a very quick way to a very poor house – with no fun involved…..

Try the conventional method of picking your own horses – you’re likely to lose – but may have some fun along the way. IMO that is what the game is all about.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Hmmmmmmmmm……………first post asking about tipping services…………I must be getting cynical in my old age.;)

Welcome to the forum, jimmyk.

Colin

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

‘Ere we go folks….

"However, there is one service I’ve tried…" etc etc etc

Mike

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

I suggest you look at http://www.relayline.com.

The site is free to browse and keeps a record of about 100 tipster’s selections over a long period of time.

If you believe that tipsters are the answer to profitable betting, read it and weep.

There are a few who have made a long term profit(no mean feat), but the vast majority are up one month and down the next, averaging out at a loss of about 10% on stakes. This is the same as backing unnamed favourites or the Racing Post Rating top-rated. And there’s no fees to pay.

Take the advice of Sailing Shoes and find your own selections. Usually unprofitable, but a lot more fun.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 695

Seabird and Betlarge tut, tut.<br>You really should take the wide eyed and innocent approach. :o <br>We all remember Goldilocks and the Three Bears,<br>Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretal etc,<br>This guys been wandering in a forrest of Tipsters and suddenly He`s come to a clearing and found TRF.<br>Alternatively He could be Granny and under that shawl…….

and He`s nailed it on his first post will we ever see him  post again? <br>(at Least He didnt write in big BLOCK CAPS)  

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

All subscription tipsters, without exception are rubbish and anyone who uses them is an idiot.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Quote: from dave jay on 8:30 am on June 14, 2007[br]All subscription tipsters, without exception are rubbish and anyone who uses them is an idiot.

<br>Sit on the fence why don’t ya ……lol.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

My service is desperately poor and I wouldn’t recommend that you click on the link below…under any circumstances.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

My service is the best, can multiply your money 200 fold in 2 weeks, all you have to do is send your £5,000 sign up fee to.

Mr I Stamp<br>Mansion House<br>Loaded Lane<br>The Posh Part of Kingston<br>Jamaica

I look forward to hearing from my fellow Forumites :biggrin:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Did find the blog entertaining, Andrew: good work. :biggrin:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from Prufrock on 7:22 pm on June 14, 2007[br]Did find the blog entertaining, Andrew: good work. :biggrin:

Yeah – when he can be arsed updating it!

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Okay .. so how much would you expect to pay per day for your tipping service ?

PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Mounty’s favourite tipster Mr Laughton wrote to me the other day & didn’t even bother to stamp it. Cost me £1.24 in handling fees & a wasted trip to the PO. Tosser

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

i find them comical – as has been said their p**s
    -poor stats are on the web – if they’re not they are dodgy  as well as crap

it cracks me up on the sporting life website where they state how steve smith-eccles or whoever’s tips have done over the past 6 months – like lost thousands – and then invite you to pay a bullseye a month for them :biggrin:

people who pay tipsters i put in the same category as victims of 419 email scams – too stupid to be allowed to look after their own money

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.