The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tipping based on horse names

Home Forums Horse Racing Tipping based on horse names

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mattlamb
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15

Seen Roodeye win at Chester today, despite running loose before the race (although that may have been a positive – he ran loose before winning at Bath too apparently). Perhaps he needs that to motivate himself – he certainly broke from the gates far better than he did yesterday.

However, my main point is this: is it worth backing a horse based upon his name under certain racing circumstances. A horse named Roodeye, trained by a yard that love winners at Chester – surely it is likely that connections target him at races run at the course. Otherwise why would he have been named “Roodeye”?

The perceived wisdom is that basing betting decisions upon fcators like this is mug punting. But is it really?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Take a look in the system section of the forum Matt and have a butchers at Vtc’s ‘Midnight System’

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Emmylou
    Participant
    • Total Posts 52

I’m sure we’ve all had a day at the races with a family member who picks names and goes through the card!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Don’t see why not, Tommo’s done it for over 20 years and just how successful has his tipping line been?

He tipped Tee it up Tommo every time it ran and that won a fair few.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7516

Venture to Cognac of this parish is a master of the genre! Nathan mentioned his Midnight system which is different class and Play It Again (Sam) has been doing very nicely.

By the way, the winner yesterday was actually spelled Roudee.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

If I’d stuck to my favourite names system I would have backed Trip to Paris the other day [even had my favourite jockey on board]. Doubt if he’ll ever start at 10/1 again.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Gallipoli won at 6/1 for Richard Fahey on the day that marked the 100th anniversary of the start of the 1st World War campaign of the same name.

I thought that was an amazing coincidence.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.