The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Timeform Jury Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Timeform Jury Stakes 2009

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Main Aim pretty short for having one standout performance gained on a different surface at a different trip?

Tariq has some pretty good form and has always looked happier at this trip than 1m, yard couldn’t be in much better form. Beacon Lodge also a strong contender if he can reproduce his course and distance win from last time.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Welsh Emperor, Asset, Atlantic Sport, Royal Confidence – Not good enough

Garnica – Decent form in the Prix Du Pin but drying ground against him today

Laa Rayab – Hard to get an exact form marker on this one, appears to have fallen out of love with the game, looks like he’d need a strongly run 7f which Welsh Emperor could well provide but will probably find a few of these too good today.

Arabian Gleam – Has the class to win this, another one who will appreciate a strong pace. Ran well fresh in the Lockinge last year.

Tariq – Another one who couldnt be ruled out, will appreciate better ground then he had at Newbury the last day.

Main Aim + Beacon Lodge – Two big improvers both of whom could easily continue to progress and win today. Main Aim should be fine with 7f.

A few of these will be depending on Welsh Emperor for a strong pace, might suit the turn of foot Main Aim if that doesn’t happen.

Wouldn’t fancy the jury’s task with this one, an absolutely impossible race :roll:

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Sir Michael Stoute is a dab hand with improving handicappers stepping up in class, and considering the ease of Main Aim’s previous victory, I am sure he is quietly confident of victory today, even in this better company.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

With Main Aim being apparently targeted at the Golden Jubilee it’s interesting to see him being dropped into a 7 furlong Group race. This the biggest clue yet that SMS intends to run just one runner in the Golden Jubilee – Kingsgate Native.

Add that to the fact Moore is currently riding out JJ The Jet Plane and no theres been no mention of Main Aim and Golden Jubilee in the same breath in the last week or so.

Main Aim, to me, is a weak favoruite here at 11/10. In 3 starts over 7f he has 2 wins and 1 third to his name. Both of the wins were in ‘last to first’ fashion with Main Aim only just winning by a neck on both occasions. Main Aim could well hack up here but it’s highly unlikely for me. He’s won over 7 against far lesser opposition and this will be a step too far over this trip.

However, this could be Tariq’s perfect opportunity to notch up another win. As bad as it sounds, I’m happier with Munro on board in this that if Spencer were around. Tariq has been crying out to be lowered down to the 7f trip ever since PCH upped him to the mile distance.

The only fly in the ointment could be Laa Rayb who, if back to his best, could completley out run his 20/1 price tag.

1pt win – TARIQ 7/2{/b}

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

David wasn’t the going at Newbury good to soft, as it is, or at least was, at Haydock today. The horse has won over seven and didn’t seem to be stopping at Newbury.

I would agree that the price is a little skinny.

Colin

ps..I see it has been changed to Good, good to soft in places.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Also on Tariq, large EW bet at 4s does me nicely.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.