The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thursday 5th April

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Thursday 5th April

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Please post below…

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

It Takes Time in the Somerset National (3.50 Wincanton).

Surely too good for this mob, even at 13. Been placed in both the National and Beecher (the later carrying top weight). Even recently has made bold showings in higher-class handicaps than this and is used to lugging big weights about.

He’s currently trading at 7.6 on Betfair. The Bandit looks the only potential threat.

(Edited by Friggo at 11:38 pm on April 4, 2007)<br>

(Edited by Friggo at 11:39 pm on April 4, 2007)

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I like the look of Le Seychellois in the 4.00 Lu.

His second to Milan Deux Mille 09/02 at Kempton reads well, even though the winner had something in hand.

Matey went up 16lbs and he’s gone up 3. <br>Offset anyway by Heard’s allowance.

He’s top weight over 2m4f and the best horse.

Sky Warrior though has come down appreciably in the weights.

(Edited by Grimes at 12:45 pm on April 5, 2007)

moolarman
    • Total Posts 60

Good Morning all,

My tip for today is for Wolverhampton –

2-40 Wolves – Golden Spectrum W

I have a few more on my blog –

Moolarmania

Good Luck!<br>Moolarman

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Ludlow 4.00

I’m going to oppose Grimes with Tighe Caster (jt 3/1 fav currently). I think Rehearsal still has it to prove on fast ground even though a Singspiel and may start longer than 3s.

Le Seychellois is my saver, though.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Quote: from Friggo on 11:34 pm on April 4, 2007[br]It Takes Time in the Somerset National (3.50 Wincanton).

Surely too good for this mob, even at 13. Been placed in both the National and Beecher (the later carrying top weight). Even recently has made bold showings in higher-class handicaps than this and is used to lugging big weights about.

He’s currently trading at 7.6 on Betfair. The Bandit looks the only potential threat.

(Edited by Friggo at 11:38 pm on April 4, 2007)

<br>(Edited by Friggo at 11:39 pm on April 4, 2007)<br>

I like the look of the bandit, most if not all of its winning has been done on a faster surface as opposed to it takes time who prefers to get his toe in. If the ground was good to soft i’d back ITT but I think i’ll have a punt on the Bandit.. Lavelle likes to lay horses out for a race as well.. Look at the horses season last year.. Nothing then came out and won a decent summer handicap.. I think this is a similar ploy…

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Just!!!!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I am raging! The first time I get the balls to tip on this board and it gets beaten a short head by what I labelled the danger. I had decent money on ITT, and am gutted with that finish, as good as had it won over the last

Still, the daft little ITT/The Bandit RFC I threw in to cover myself came in, so ironically I made a wee profit!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Better than my form, for sure. I can’t remember tipping a winner here, yet I keep coming back every now and then and trying again.

I read Le Seychellois’ best form was on softer going, Zilzal.

Well done, Aragorn, you utter, utter ratbag. I’d have won well if it had gone the other way!

(Edited by Grimes at 8:13 pm on April 6, 2007)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.