The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thursday 20th April

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Thursday 20th April

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Cheltenham

5:45 Mares only Bumper

In my opinion Sovietica is overpriced at 16/1. The horse won a decent race on debut and came a respectable 8th last time after finding too much competition up front. The horse will not have to improve much on that to be in the reckoning and I will be taking 16/1 ew. The other horse in the race I think is overpriced is Zuzu Summit. The horse is bottom of the weights and can improve from its sole start as it should like the step up in trip.

1pt ew Zuzu Summit @33/1<br>1pt ew Sovietica @ 16/1

4:40 – Handicap Hurdle

I’m banking on a return to form of Standin Obligation, the class horse in the race as far as I’m cocerned.

1pt ew Standin Obligation 14/1

1pt ew Treble:

2:20 Acambo – (The horse with form in the book – favourite Pirate Flagship has had a tough campaign)

2:55 Shining Strand – (cost me money on the last two occasions but has a much more realistic weight today

4:05 Saintsaire – Will probably win or be well beaten but trip and ground should be fine and has good jockey to help cause

Newmarket

2:00 1pt lay Dimboola (1.85 on Betfair)

Earned a rating of 65 off me and surprise for me if this proves to be good enough. All the others are capable of beating it but perhaps it will be Excellent Art home first.

3:10

All eyes will be on City of Troy who had reportedly hurt himself when losing his unbeaten status last season. This is one of my horses to follow and is likely to be a live Derby contender but on this occasion I’m gong for Killybegs who has the form in the book. Its down to City of Troy to prove how good it is and as Killybegs is a bigger price, that is my selection. Sir Xaar was also considered but the trip is a major worry.

1pt Killybegs @ SP (I expect money for City of Troy to force its price out but I might be wrong)

3:45 1pt Dili Dali (can make its race fitness count)

4:55 1pt Royal Reservation @ 11/4 ( fit and well, nice weight and in good form)

What does everyone else like? (No bet in the 2yo race at Ripon btw)

threenapsthreenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

<br>Newmarket:<br>3:10 City of Troy<br>3:45 Olympian Odyssey<br>4:55 Papal Bull

to win 7 bet patent.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Music By Mozart and Killybegs will be the only two I’m looking at backing today.

caravancaravan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 107

Olympian Odyssey catches the eye in the 3.45 Newmarket today

won well at the course last year over 7F under a hands and heels ride………by Sadler’s Wells should have no problem with the extra couple of furlongs today and recorded a very good time in the process

top of the ground conditions may cause a slight difficulty but it should run very well

Don’t Dili Dali is the main danger

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

NH

Points Staked 8<br>Points Returned 19.5<br>Profit 11.5pts

Flat

Points Staked 4<br>Points Returned 7.5<br>Profit 3.5pts

overall 15pts profit. Not bad for a days work!

threenapsthreenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

<br>just about broke even having had a saver on Killybegs as well as the patent in the earlier post, but I have 66/1 antepost on Olympian Odyssey for the Derby so it wasn’t all bad yesterday.

I wonder what Barry Hills had to say to Mr Spencer after the Feilden Stakes ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.