The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thursday 1st June

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Thursday 1st June

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1268

I highlighted this horse several months ago. It is bred for stamina being a half-brother to a decent middle-distance/stayer in Jagger, by Fantastic Light, and has had the obligatory three runs at 6f & 7f, showing promise but without being really put into the races.

Starting handicap life off a mark of 57 and stepped up to just over a mile, a much better showing can be expected.

There are a few worries, namely the stable is not in flying form (not dreadful either though), a slightly longer trip might be more suitable, and the jockey booking is less than awe-inspiring, BUT the current price (14/1-16/1) means a not-too-crippling bet is definitely feasible.

Additionally, the horse is entered in further handicaps tomorrow and the day after, so this may be have ‘job’ potential.

For me, this one is definitely worth an interest…

5:10 Nottingham – NOBLE MINSTREL

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

2:30 Nottingham – 6f Maiden Stakes

Whipchord is the one to beat on all known form but I fancy its colours to be lowered by a newcomer as its rating of 77 (weight adjusted) leaves it vulnerable. Morinqua comes out with a rating of 85 and should be good enough if it is ready. At more speculative odds Hester Brook could run well while Merry Moon may also exceed expectations.

1pt Morinqua @ 10/1 (Betfair)<br>1pt win Hester Brook 79/1 (Betfair)<br>1pt place Hester Brook 18/1 (Betfair)

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

2:20 Yarmouth

Blue Monkey will rightly be popular with the expected level of improvement, but Cyprus Rose ran well on debut as well and gets a 5lb allowance. I expect her to be thereabouts at the finish. Proper also ran a promising debut before fading, and i think he may be harder to pass this time. Great Explorer may be best of the newcomers though I’ve also had £4 on My Sara at 40/1.

1pt Cyprus Rose 15/1<br>1pt Proper 11/1<br>1pt Great Explorer 17/2

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

2:55 Yarmouth

Tokyo Jo. The form pick, top rated, trip and ground no problem, poor opposition, should win easily.;)

3pts Tokyo Jo 1/1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.