The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Three Sandown Hurdle Hopes

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Three Sandown Hurdle Hopes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

My final bets for the season tomorrow, and though I much prefer steeplechases for betting, three catch my eye at big prices over hurdles.

In the first race, The Skelton Brothers ride into town once more to scare the pants off the locals with an improving horse, and I think they could well head for the hills carrying the trophy. The horse is Humble Hero who won last time despite looking green enough to my eye that he could come on a stone for it. He’s 10/1.

Another I fancy (5.15) is A Hare Breath, a horse I’ve always liked although he doesn’t win often these days. He’s been hard to train and has run just 17 times despite him now being 11 years-old. The very talented Connor Brace (he won on Verdana Blue, among others recently) takes 7lbs off and I’ll be very surprised if A Hare Breath isn’t closer to 10/1 than the current 20/1 come the off.

At first glance the 4.10 looked best left alone, but I’m intrigued by Henderson putting three in here. The mare With Discretion hasn’t run for over a year and dismounting from her after he last victory De Boinville said she’d be put away as she had to have soft ground. It’s good to firm in places here if the forecast is right.

De Boinville rides On The Blind Side in this race. He was a promising novice hurdler who has won over fences at 3 miles but this is his first outing on good ground and things might happen a bit too fast for him at this trip.

At around 14/1 it’s worth taking a wee chance with Henderson’s other runner Thomas Campbell. He’s won 4 from 8 on this ground and this is his first post-wind surgery outing.

I’ve backed them single and had a fiver each way treble. Good luck.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 426

I’ll be betting in every race at Sandown Joe, so here are my selections.

1350 Airton 16-1 each way 6 places
    1610 On The Blind Side 5-1
    1715 Eragon De Chanay 20-1 each way

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Thanks, Lemons. Good luck

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17025

I’ll have a bash Joe. Can see the appeal of Airton and Eragon for Lemons, but I’ll go with this trio.

The 1610 was tough, but in the end, Raayvin Black 66’s EW for me. In the opener I like Lord Yeats at 14’s the 6 Places.

Very unoriginal in the last, but has to be Wait For Me around 4’s.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2263

Re: Humble Hero a horse that at least stayed 15 furlongs, normally i think flat horses that stay that trip will need slightly further than 2miles. Paul Kealy put him up on Wednesday so i looked at him then as PK’s on fire! Perhaps if Scarlet Dragon could settle better he’d be a danger!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.