The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

This years 2yos' vs Last Years

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks This years 2yos' vs Last Years

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

This year I think is turning out to be a really strong year for 2yos’ (can’t remember the proper grammar so..)

My question is, are people looking forward to next years classics more this time round than they did last year? 2 star filles and probably 3 or 4 star colts as opposed to GW last year, I’m really looking forward to next years flat whereas last year I couldn’t wait for the jumps to start

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

Looking forward to the Guineas, yes, but maybe not too much beyond that with the exception of Teofilo who looks like going the distance.    

I see little long term amongst the fillies as yet beyond the Guineas.    In fact we will be missing some true greats, Soviet Song, Ouija Board, Alexander Goldrun and Pride – a huge loss as they’ve given us so much.   Irreplaceable really.   Hoping Cyrlight can liven things up a bit this winter, and not just around Auteuil.

<br>

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I thin kthis years 2yos look like a good bunch definitely, am definitely looking forward to teofilo for the derby, I hope Hamoody can come back to his best for the guineas, I dont reckon that Sander Camillo will see out the guineas and i’ll probably go against her with puggy, fisceal beo or something else, all in all I reckon its a good lot. Last year we had George Washington though, but this year we have teofilo, its good that we have had two superstars in consecutive seasons. Next year will be a cracker I think.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Even if Hamoody comes back to his best in the Guineas, that form will see him struggle to finish higher than eighth. I’d imagine he has a good 20 lbs to improve to figure in next year’s Guineas.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Id still give him a chance, id say hes got to improveabout 10lbs, and i reckon its doable, he wasnt seen out on the gallops from his goodwood win till a week before his dewhurst attempt so i expect he has had a couple of setbacks this year and we have not seen the best of him, im keeping the faith that there better to come, with HRE unlikely to improve much by next year and Teofilo having a question as to how he will winter and whether he might need a run before the guineas, I dont think the guineas is quite sewn up just yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.