The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Think I’ve Nailed one at Kelso. 25/1.

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Think I’ve Nailed one at Kelso. 25/1.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chrisandemma
    • Total Posts 3

Don’t post on here very often, but cant let this one go.

In the 5:00 at Kelso, there is the 2nd Division of a bottom grade 0-95 handicap hurdle. Now this one is going to take a little imagination but stay with me.

Sydney Cove, currently 25/1 with Hills, BlueSq and SkyBet and beaten 81 and 102 lengths on previous 2 starts, looks the one to be on.

Back in ’09, this gelding ran in a juvenile hurdle at this meeting, runing way better than expected and finished 3rd of 15 at 100/1 on good ground. Due to that unexpectedly good showing, he was lumbered with a rating of 107. He then went on to run respectably in novice company before apparently having some sort of issue and not running for over a year.

His reappearance at the start of 2011, off a rating of 100, showed only a faint level of promise before getting crushed off 98 at Ayr, and then showing nothing with cut in the ground at 2 subsequent appearances.

He now races off 81, with a new trainer, at the course, distance, ground, and time of year where he beat in horses with three figure ratings. The biggest key of these is the rattling ground (officialy good but will race with firm in it today). The only hints of ability both over jumps and on the flat, have come on quick grounnd. Any cut, and he bombs out.

This is an appaulling race, with over half the field bringing no tangiable form to speak of. I am fully aware that I am taking well being on trust, but that is factored into the price. If you fancy a bit of a dabble at a wild price, he could end up going very close.

Be lucky!

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4568

Nick Alexander had this one hard fit. He’s a strong individual and stood out in the paddock amongst an ordinary bunch. Hwoever, having been taken down early, he pulled Lucy Alexander’s arms out of their sockets from the start restrained in the rear. If he had the ability to win he had used it up by the first circuit and ended up tailed off.

All that being said I do believe the Alexander stable might have reasonable raw material to work with in Sydney Cove. They just need to get him to use the redundant piece of gristle lodged between his lugs!

Ground was Good to Soft (Soft in places) after 14mm overnight rain (it is Scotland, remember!) though genrally riding pretty decent.

Rob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.