The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Young McCririck

Home Forums Horse Racing The Young McCririck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

If you wondered what McCririck looked like in his younger days….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK4ifBmkIeU&feature=related

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Have you seen the photo of a young, clean cut and clean shaven McCririck, replete with short back and sides and wearing a very sober looking grey suit.

In his BBC2 series on the British class system, Melvin Bragg pointed out how some people from privileged and upper class backgrounds deliberately set out to re-invent themselves in order to appeal more to the common masses – most notably by consciously ditching their plummy accent. He cited John ( Ravenscroft ) Peel as an example of someone who started off quite posh but became more and more scouse sounding as he grew older.

McCririck is another example.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

The sideburn/moustache combo is a new low.

The blonde is an absolute bombshell!

Ghost of Rob VGhost of Rob V
    Participant
    • Total Posts 742

And here’s McCririck playing the saxophone …

http://www.thehulmes.com/phdi/p1.nsf/imgpages/thehulmes_zoot.jpg/$file/zoot.jpg

ivanjicaivanjica
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Whilst my views on the whip are not too dissimilar to his, it is interesting to learn he was once a fan of bloodsports. i wonder if he still is? I assume not.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 916

Interesting to hear the clipped, higher pitched and slightly camp voice in those days. Obviously not doing as much to hide his Harrow-educated accent at the time.

John McCririck was asked to comment on the video footage of himself on Youtube. In a statement released to the Racing Forum, he said:
    "You BEHAVE yourself and GROW UP, you animal."

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Whilst my views on the whip are not too dissimilar to his, it is interesting to learn he was once a fan of bloodsports. i wonder if he still is? I assume not.

You assume incorrectly, it’s a pity this is never, ever put to him by presenters when he’s spouting his rubbish about the whip.

nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

He has shown himself today to be xenophobic, on top of all his other faults (too endless to list). It’s way past time to retire this silly old buffer who, it seems, was also a silly young buffer!

His refusal to adapt to the obviously intended Spanish pronunciation of Hold On Julio proved yet again that he is juan big juaste of space on our TV screens.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.