The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The World Cup

Home Forums Lounge The World Cup

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 280 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1393

Don’t wanna see France win the final. England should’ve beaten them but Southgate didn’t know how to use the damn Kryptonite.

Don’t wanna see Argentina win because I just can’t stand them ever since that cheating arseplug Maragoner shoved his grubby palm above Shilton.

Messi though, is a supreme talent and will love to see him terrorize the French Fries.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“Cashing out, visits to Iceland. You’ve changed man!”

It’s true, Chezza doesn’t know who he is any more!

At least he can now enjoy the World Cup Final, even if turns out to be “Messi’s Final,” maybe with a couple of Iceland mince pies!

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

‘Cheating arseplug’, love it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2028

Morocco were unlucky in the draw; they had to get past Belgium, Spain, and Portugal. In contrast, France only had to get past England. If you play enough good teams, the breaks will go against you at some stage

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“Morocco were unlucky in the draw; they had to get past Belgium, Spain, and Portugal. In contrast, France only had to get past England. If you play enough good teams, the breaks will go against you at some stage”

And as England have proven with Southgate at the helm, we only need to play one good team to bottle it! In the final games of those major tournaments (Croatia, Italy and France) we’ve only scored once from open play.

It’s frustrating because he has gotten us further in tournaments than we’ve gotten with prior recent managers and we did seem to dominate the France game – but we really are awful at creating chances and our inability to do so really seems to be stopping us from getting over the line. We have the players with the creative attributes to make it happen, but I’m not tactically-astute enough to know what we’re doing wrong, we just never look like a proper free-flowing team.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Last night’s match. France v Morocco.
    I was on Hugo lloris to make three saves in the match. He pulled off two excellent first half stops.
    I had to wait until 93 minutes 31 seconds when Hugo blocked a shot with his knees but in their wisdom Skybet haven’t paid out and the bet is a loser.
    I think they go by Optus figures and if they don’t count it as a stop sky are not obliged to pay out.
    Thems are the rules.
    But anyone agree that was a save? (BBC I player)93 mins 31 seconds.
    It certainly wasn’t a cross.
    (My own fault by the way, as I wasn’t even going to watch the tournament, -no one should bite their nose to spite their face.-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 13201

I didn’t see any of the football last night Sam, but a save with the knees is as good as a save with the hand in my book. I think Sky ought to be ashamed. I’m in the Holiday Inn in Glasgow. We had to book in as we went to see The Rat Pack last night. Not normally my thing but my sister booked it. Having said that it was quite good. Back home later today and eventually get my TTTF report sorted out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Hello big G.
    Here’s my brief conversation with SKYBET.
    (I’ve removed real names and the parts are played by actors..)
    10:56
    you’re through to George. How can I help you today?
    George
    10:59
    Hello George. I had a bet on the semi final last night on Hugo lloris to make three saves. He clearly made a stop with his knees for his third save of the night after 93 minutes 31 seconds. I was settled as a loser can you clarify this? Thanks
    11:01
    Hi, . Apologies that this has happened. I’ll just look into this now for you.
    11:02
    I’m really sorry but I can see Opta have only awarded two saves to Lloris.
    George
    11:02
    Yes they have but someone needs to take a closer look as if you look at the match on the BBC I player player makes a break down the left wing into the penalty area and is one on one with the keeper. It is not a cross, and Hugo clearly blocks the shot. I have taken the bet in good faith.
    11:05
    I’m really sorry but all online stat providers I have checked show Lloris only making 2 saves, unfortunately.
    George
    11:06
    Fully appreciate that. Can someone take a look at the incident. It is there on bbc iPlayer 93.31 seconds. A mistake may have been made.
    11:07
    I’ll just have a look now at this replay,.
    George
    Thank you.
    11:08
    No worries.
    George
    Goalkeeper stops the shot. We wouldn’t define that as a save.
    End of conversation.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

I do accept that as they have to have a cut off point to base their rules on. If you applied common sense to everything there would be a lot of ambiguity and they would be taken for a ride in much the same way that they take us for a ride!!!
    No real complaints but to look at something and say “we don’t define a save as a save” is a little problematic but they are covered by opus and I’ve let it go now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I’ve just watched the mini highlights Sam.
    It’s a shot and it’s a save

However I cannot tell from the one angle if it’s a shot on target. I’d need to see it from side on

I reckon they take the keeper saves stats from the shots on target market, if that makes sense? And they are deeming that shot to be off target

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

It wasn’t counted as a shot on target or a save. Both totally incorrect in my opinion to the extent I won’t play those markets again. I fully accept the situation.

I’m settling the bet with a horse called
    COLNAGO
    In the 2.03 at Southwell which I think will win.
    Doesn’t matter again if I doesn’t as it is a hard headed form based selection drawing on what he did last time and his chances today.
    As strong as an weather bet will allow given he’s racing against 9 others on frosted ground. nowhere near as strong as Hickory yesterday.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

‘It wasn’t counted as a shot on target or a save.’

That is at least consistent, if wrong. If the ball was going in (from a Moroccan player) it’s a shot on target and if the keeper then stopped it doing so then it’s a save. Doesn’t matter if he uses his hand, knee, face or even his arse. End of. Robbing barstewards.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“11.12
    Goalkeeper stops the shot. We wouldn’t define that as a save.”

You couldn’t make it up Sam!!

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

Unbelievable isn’t it? What next? The ball went in the net, we wouldn’t define that as a goal.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

They have deemed it off target
    I’d love to see the side on reply
    From the view I’ve seen it certainly looks on target.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Chezza sympathises.

Mind you, life’s a learning curve – or ought to be – and if Chezza ever hears you’ve had the same bet again, there will be zero sympathy.

Once bitten….

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Ok never again.
    Unless it’s 4/1 for fatty foukles to save one.

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 280 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.