The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tingle Creek 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle Creek 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2440

Not sure he would have been that close to Master Minded, personally, but great to see the horse get back up and seemingly, be ok.

He ran a very good race up until that mistake, he just got in too close.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

I was on Flipper and Twist Magic in the end. Couldnt have worse luck!

Hope theyre both ok though – they looked fine which is good.

Great round by MM – Where next for him? The best chaser in training by far.

Tidal Bay has drifted slightly on BF for the King George now but I feel that trip could suit him very well. On the subject of the KG, 15/8 for Kauto now. Thats tempting.

Back to the race in question though, comiserations to Darren with Flipper. Hope he gets back to winning ways next time out with a clear round

• Total Posts 2440

Great round by MM – Where next for him? The best chaser in training by far.

The Game Spirit again for him maybe? ? ? Or would that be too close to Cheltenham for them.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Tidal Bay looked a bit outclassed – he’d have been third at best had Twist Magic stood up, stayed on well enough but get the impression that the 2m 5f Ryanair might be the race for him at the Festival.

Outclassed or just out paced over the wrong trip? TB destroyed the third horse today at Aintree..clearly needs further and the King George should suit.

MM did it very very well today but beat a 3 miler running over 2 miles.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Not sure he would have been that close to Master Minded, personally, but great to see the horse get back up and seemingly, be ok.

He ran a very good race up until that mistake, he just got in too close.

If his past performances are anything to go by he would probably have folded……Master Minded didn’t look to be gong that fast but he was going fast enough to ake Tidal Bay off his feet…..Chances are TM would have run out of stamina.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

You can’t argue with the way MM won, but that was a disappointing race.

Loose horse, no pond fence and none of his rivals showed up on the day. Tiday Bay was particularly disappointing – didnt jump well enough and not good enough on that evidence.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Tidal Bay looked a bit outclassed – he’d have been third at best had Twist Magic stood up, stayed on well enough but get the impression that the 2m 5f Ryanair might be the race for him at the Festival.

Outclassed or just out paced over the wrong trip? TB destroyed the third horse today at Aintree..clearly needs further and the King George should suit.

MM did it very very well today but beat a 3 miler running over 2 miles.

The third horse was far more inexperienced when they met at Aintree (2nd run over UK fences). I think both are high class but Master Minded is one of those once in a lifetime horses.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Twist would have shaken the Master there No doubt! we were unlucky Gaz
    i still think he"s a Champion chase horse. Keep the faith

I would think again GW. If you find PN’s interview on U-tube he more or less says the horse just doesn’t get the trip at Cheltenham.

PN will find a good race for him and most likely won’t run in the QMCC unless like today the place money looks there for the taking.

Very disappointing run from Tidal Bay. The QMCC result cold probably be written in now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Now, let’s have no more talk of Tidal Bay being any sort of threat to Master Minded over two miles.Nicholls’ champion won as he liked.

Interesting to see Denis O’ Regan offer his hand to AP immediately after the race, by way of congratulations. McCoy paused before accepting it and then looked at O’Regan bemusingly as if to say that he and Tidal Bay were never a threat from the off and that the outcome was never, ever in doubt.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Master Minded is one of those once in a lifetime horses.

That sums him up brilliantly, many have questioned the strength of his cheltenham win but he can only beat what’s there to be beaten, and its unlikely that an in form Master Minded will ever meet another horse capable of giving him a proper race, we’ll just have to be content to watch him destroy his entire generation, whilst he’s in form (long may that continue).

Easily the best horse in training IMVHO.

• Total Posts 263

It’s hard to see Master Minded getting beaten over 2m this season.
    Well Chief is probably the only 2m chaser in training that could give MM a race but unfortunately he’s been off the track for so long that it would be a miracle if he made a successful comeback.

• Total Posts 2440

Definately, i agree with Martin, he seems to be one of those horses that people talk about for years, years after they have finished racing, and are regarded amongst the best there were.

I feel privileged and honoured to watch such a fine horse jump round and win races like he has done at Cheltenham, like he did at Newbury, and like he has done today at Sandown.

It is a great feeling when you get to see something which is going to be the ‘next big thing’, so to speak, and i personally think it is great to see the horse being mentioned amongst names like Moscow Flyer, Azertyioup, et al. As McCoy said, he hasnt done what they have yet, but is only a matter of time.

Fantastic sight to see.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Twist would have shaken the Master there No doubt!

I would think again GW. If you find PN’s interview on U-tube he more or less says the horse just doesn’t get the trip at Cheltenham
    Fist, i dont listen to a word P.Nicholls says, until i see Twist failing up
    the Cheltenham hill, i will maintain that he is at least the 2nd best 2m chaser in the country.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

P Nicholls was very tetchy when interviewed on Channel 4…seems to find any sort of critiscism very hard to take [and Alistair Down really put more of a rhetorical question to him about Master Minded’s jumping].

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

The 2m division is in more trouble than I thought if you are correct :lol:

Well I don’t think many VPU fans would agree round Cheltenham. It is simply is not for him. PN was so convinced of that I would bet he told Sam to hack round and take it easy on him in the QMCC……The horse had absolutely no chace of getting the trip….he said minutes before the race he wasn’t a Cheltenham horse and Aintree was going to be more to his liking.

Look back to when he was beaten by TBleu who set a scorching gallop that got him in all sorts of trouble. Look back at the third horse and you ca clearly see TM was going backwards rather than TBleu drawing away from him……..by all means back him on a flat track but unless you want to get skint don’t touch him with a bargepole for the QMCC unless you can get 8/1 a place.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Fist, i dont listen to a word P.Nicholls says, until i see Twist failing up
    the Cheltenham hill, i will maintain that he is at least the 2nd best 2m chaser in the country.

You obviously missed last season’s Champion Chase, GWILSON77, where Twist Magic was gubbed 52L.

And by using the term "at least……", you presumably think that there is a chance that Twist Magic might still be the best 2m chaser in the country?

You might need cheek-pieces to go with your blinkers.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

To paraphrase John Lennon "Twist Magic isn’t even the second best 2m chaser in the yard" :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.