The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Smug Henry

Home Forums Horse Racing The Smug Henry

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 762 total)
  • Author
    Slowhand
    Participant
    • Total Posts 120

but you are biased Lastword :D

just by saying that CC is over the top tells me that, is he b*ll*cks and you know it.

Dr Fager had rather more of a racing career than Frankel has at this moment in time, so again you are comparing a complete career against a horse that has not yet completed his 3rd year.

Lets see where Frankel sits when he has finished his career.

Just out of interest, has anyone tried to back dated a Beyer figure onto Dr Fager do you know?

He looked some animal judged by his record and teh youtube clips

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I forgot to address the over the top issue. Again. forgive me but a touch of hyperbole to get the attention of the masses..What I should have said is that after a hard race against Goldikova he was bound to regress, even if only slightly. Not calling a bounce or anything. My point was that with even a slight regression, coupled with the weight and the horrible unchallenging ride by CC’;s boy, given a 3 length cushion to a superhorse? How would anyone expect him to win that way? In this country we go after a Frankel from the bell and if he shakes us off and holds on against the rush then we heap praise. What bothers me here is that all this gushing is over a 4 horse race with the main foe at a disadvantage. He needs to do more does Frankel

You asked about Beyers Slowhand and I must say you are talking to the wrong person where Beyers and Timeforms are concerned. I consider both utter hogwash. Hyperbole with numbers set by men in back rooms. No thank you. But I appreciate your question. Dr. Fager was a true specimen of the highest quality. For Frankel to even be mentioned in the same breath is something in itself. I hope he can earn that right along the way.
    BTW, Clapton has always been my main man so great nick you have there.
    Enjoy…http://youtu.be/0uqDpS3tfzo ..also the Damascus rivalry…..http://youtu.be/X8frxLao1bM

Slowhand
    Participant
    • Total Posts 120

I don’t think CC had that hard a race against G Lastword tbh, watch him in the last 10 yrds, Hughes eases off. Just a normal, show me the leader and i will pass him/her race for CC.

I’ve not checked your links, this is probably one of them. It shows the rivalry bewteen Damacus and DF, it also demonstrates how pace can kill any animal off when they put the hare in against him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8frxLao … re=related

I agree, DF is some animal, they had to "cheat" to beat him.

I’m loving watching these battles between these superb horses.

Eric was the man when with Cream, those were the days 8)

In fact 1968 when some of those races took place was quite a year

Slowhand
    Participant
    • Total Posts 120

The number of races these horses had per season is incredible

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

His version of Crossroads with Cream still stands out as one of the top solos ever. I was sick when Cream broke up but Eric thrived anyway even with some serious bumps in the road. Nobody can argue his legend :wink:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Now for those accusing me of a bias against a potential superhorse I say this. There is absoloutly no bias against the horse. Same with Zenyatta for which I was accused of the same. It’s their connections and mostly the bandwagoners that are quick to make proclamations without test that I have a problem with. The horse does what he is asked, like Zenyatta. I sincerly hope he will prove me wrong as I did with her. The only way is on the racetrack. In the words of a good country song, Thats my story and i’m stickin to it :roll:

Great – does that mean you can go back to your own forums now and stop boring the hell out of us? Jesus mate it’s painful. You’ve made your point countless times. Enough is surely enough.

I honestly dont know how you can come up with so much drivel! CC over the top after Ascot? I was there mate and i can tell you who had the harder race that day and it certainly wasnt Canford. Ducking big races? He syats in training nexct year!! How many times does it have to be said?! Anyway when do we ever see any of your horses come over here? Oh no sorry – they would have to run without their drugs wouldnt they?! It would be like watching Ben Johnson when he made his comeback after the ban or those Chinese athletes after their Olympics were over (sorry you probably dont remember that as it was a sport that took place outside of the good old USA).

Esteemed experts and journalists from all over the world including your own country are marvelling at this horse. Commentators who have been watching racing for over 80 YEARS are saying what a special talent he is. Jesus anyone with eyes in their head and even the SLIGHTEST, TINIEST bit of knowledge about our sport can see it.But not you. You are what is known over here as a WIND UP MERCHANT. I have ignored most of your threads because they bore me rigid and I am not interested in reading about drug riddled horses but your posts now make up the majority. I am sure you have turned most of the normal readers away so congratulations on that. You are a bore. A total bore. Sorry if that sounds harsh – just keeping it real.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Great – does that mean you can go back to your own forums now and stop boring the hell out of us? Jesus mate it’s painful. You’ve made your point countless times. Enough is surely enough.

I’m usually the tolerant type, but I must say that I’m more than a little surprised at the tolerance being afforded to this "American" gentleman by our esteemed leaders. :roll:

Fist was shown the door for much less. :|

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Jonibake, I have responded repeatedly because I am being addressed repeatedly. What don’t you understand about that? Should I be rude..? I and those in agreement with me are outnumbered about 20 -1 here so it may seem like I am repeating when in fact I am convincing whoever it happens to be I cannot be swayed on this. I have been on threads that last for months and months. If you are bored or find it painful then don’t participate. And no, I like it here so will not be going back to other boards in the near future. You’re stuck with me :lol:

nashwan11
    • Total Posts 1

Lastword,

Here are some thoughts:

a) If Dr Fager was that good to beat Frankel by the claimed 15 lengths or so (now reduced admittedly), he would have won our 2000g by around 20 lengths. The record in 202 runnings is only 8 lengths. Very unlikely.

b) Recent evidence from the BC Classic / DWC shows the European horses as good as yours (Dubai Millenium would be a match for Cigar, Sakhee for Tiznow, and so on). So when exactly did your top horses suddenly stop being superior to ours, and why? That is a genuinely interesting question. Why from the 1920s onwards do you claim your best would destroy ours, yet from 1985 onwards where they have raced against each other, and there is proper evidence, are your champions no better than ours?

c) The key point is that you Americans love track records, "World Records", longest winning distances. We sort of don’t care. Sea Bird did not set out to break any records, he just destroyed the best field ever assembled by six lengths with his jockey sitting in an armchair.

d) I sort of agree that Secretariat and maybe Man O’War are a cut above the rest. But beyond these sorts of "freaks" that come along every fifty years or so (Phar Lap was another), a race between your "greats" and ours would be too close to call.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m usually the tolerant type, but I must say that I’m more than a little surprised at the tolerance being afforded to this "American" gentleman by our esteemed leaders. :roll:

Fist was shown the door for much less. :|

Are you trippin Himself or what? Talk about whiners and crybabies. Just what offense should I be hung for? Disagreeing with you and those who think your way? Hardly seems fair. I thought i’d heard it all until your pathetic whiney statement. Instead of whining why not try to step. All you’ve done is to crack wise and praise your Timeforms and Cecil. I am to fall in line goose stepping to that nonsence? If you can’t take the heat then you should bugger out of the kitchen. I am the Gordon Ramsey of handicappers. I keep it real.

Nashwan11, if I answer you, some people here may have a hissy fit..I’ll get back to you later.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I honestly dont know how you can come up with so much drivel! CC over the top after Ascot? I was there mate and i can tell you who had the harder race that day and it certainly wasnt Canford. Ducking big races? He syats in training nexct year!! How many times does it have to be said?! Anyway when do we ever see any of your horses come over here? Oh no sorry – they would have to run without their drugs wouldnt they?! It would be like watching Ben Johnson when he made his comeback after the ban or those Chinese athletes after their Olympics were over (sorry you probably dont remember that as it was a sport that took place outside of the good old USA).

Esteemed experts and journalists from all over the world including your own country are marvelling at this horse. Commentators who have been watching racing for over 80 YEARS are saying what a special talent he is. Jesus anyone with eyes in their head and even the SLIGHTEST, TINIEST bit of knowledge about our sport can see it.But not you. You are what is known over here as a WIND UP MERCHANT. I have ignored most of your threads because they bore me rigid and I am not interested in reading about drug riddled horses but your posts now make up the majority. I am sure you have turned most of the normal readers away so congratulations on that. You are a bore. A total bore. Sorry if that sounds harsh – just keeping it real.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Jonibake, I have responded repeatedly because I am being addressed repeatedly. What don’t you understand about that? Should I be rude..? I and those in agreement with me are outnumbered about 20 -1 here so it may seem like I am repeating when in fact I am convincing whoever it happens to be I cannot be swayed on this. I have been on threads that last for months and months. If you are bored or find it painful then don’t participate. And no, I like it here so will not be going back to other boards in the near future. You’re stuck with me :lol:

Great – stay – I don’t care about your horses. I will ignore you. I am used to ignoring loud Americans – I live in London.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Jonibake, I am a bore because you disagree with me. Isn’t that special? I don’t care who runs or not. I’d prefer good exchange of ideas and horsetalk but I will not dumb myself down for you or anyone else…your comment on drug horses is lame as I have addressed the issue myself. It’s like me saying your lame hilly 4 horse races shouldnt be the yardstick for greatness. See, I answer you…thats why you see my name… :shock:

BTW, hate to say this but your comment on loud Americans opens the door. I don’t think you and yours ignored all the loud Yanks when we were there for you , TWICE in World Wars. I happen to love the Brits. Not the twits though..goodday sir

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

Are you trippin Himself or what? Talk about whiners and crybabies. Just what offense should I be hung for? Disagreeing with you and those who think your way? Hardly seems fair. I thought i’d heard it all until your pathetic whiney statement. Instead of whining why not try to step. All you’ve done is to crack wise and praise your Timeforms and Cecil. I am to fall, in line goose stepping to that nonsence? If you can’t take the heat then you should bugger out of the kitchen. I am the Gordon Ramsey of handicappers. I keep it real.

Nashwan11, if I answer you, some people here may have a hissy fit..I’ll get back to you later.

What a tit.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1684

I presume this is Mr. Wilson back, but now pretending to be American.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yes you are the tit Mr. Pill :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1400

Actually, I’d have liked to hear Fist’s and TAPK’s opinions on Frankel.

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 762 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.