The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

the scoop6 was too hard this week

Home Forums Horse Racing the scoop6 was too hard this week

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1800

so said harry findlay and they shouldn’t have put that tricky 17 runner ascot race in it

tff – poor old soul must still be on edge and upset about the rugby

jeu de fin :lol:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Surely it will be won next week. Champions Day card shouldn’t be so unfathomable.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I had two lucky dips on the lottery instead this week, there was more dead money in the pool and a smaller take out. The 4 ball’s in form, 23 and 24 wasnt trying.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

It’s got my money in it from last week (didn’t play yesterday) so will be having a good go with my usual syndicate next week, in races where I’ve heard of the horses! Let’s hope they don’t stick in a sprint handicap from Catterick….

• Total Posts 22

Just out of interest, can you bet your Scoop 6 on Friday (now we have 48 hour decs) ? Not sure I can make it to the Bookies on Saturday so doing it Friday would be handy.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Even better, do it online with Blue Square and they refund you 10% of your stake.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

lol @ dave jay

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

Surely it will be won next week. Champions Day card shouldn’t be so unfathomable.

Dunno about that. There’ve been some big priced Ces and Dewhust winners in the past. Maybe the Synds will cover all the bases as there’s so much in the pot.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Carvillshill says:
    Even better, do it online with Blue Square and they refund you 10% of your stake.

Carvills are you sure?

i can`t see anything to confirm this on the website,i suppose we will throw 500-1500 at the bet so the saving would be worth while,makes no differance to me paying into the Tote or Bluesquare!!

Thanks for any feedback

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

It’s got my money in it from last week (didn’t play yesterday) so will be having a good go with my usual syndicate next week, in races where I’ve heard of the horses! Let’s hope they don’t stick in a sprint handicap from Catterick….

Oddly prophetic, that’s exactly what they’ve done. Why not give us one race with a possible banker?
    In my opinion they’d have got twice as much handle with the Dewhurst in.
    Tony, I am sure. I did it with them two weeks ago and got the credit back afterwards. If you are really sneaky, don’t tell the rest of your syndicate!

• Total Posts 403

The Tote are turning it into the Racing equilvalent of the Lottery. I rarely participate but was planning on staking a fair amount this weekend with the hope that all the races were from Newmarket, The Dewhurst not being included is a big shame as i was planning on just having the one horse in that race.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Carvillshill.Thanks for that, i see BET 365 are advertising a 20% bonus on scoop 6 returns!!

Syndicate doesn`t really describe our situation, it`s a two man show and my partner in this gets me a 4% discount on all PMU bets so as always need to play a straight bat!!

Looking at the chosen races i think we would have to wager much more than 1500 to have a realistic chance, my first thoughts where 6 winners, we will be lucky to have 1 !!

Good luck to anyone giving it a try!

• Total Posts 1800

we should have a scoop 6 picks thread here, for fun ?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

2 questions:

1. What are the races this week?
    2. Can you play in an Irish bookies?

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Leg 1 2.05 Newmarket
    Leg 2 2.30 Cheltenham
    Leg 3 3.05 Catterick
    Leg 4 3.15 New
    Leg 5 3.30 Chelt
    Leg 6 3.55 New

I don’t think Irish bookies offer it. You’ll have to get online.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I suppose they haven’t included a cartoon race, you’ve always got to look on the bright side and keep hope in your heart.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Having had a preliminary look, I don’t think I’ll be playing. For me, to have a chance of getting it you need two bankers and I can’t see anything I’d want to have decent money riding on tomorrow. I still maintain they’d have had a bigger pool with the Dewhurst in, but all they care about is the pool surviving another week- there’s every chance.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.