The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Listener

Home Forums Horse Racing The Listener

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

what did he beat?

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Not sure about how to weigh that up but I’m so pleased for The Listener (Star De Mohaison looks pretty good now) and well done to Alner for taking a horse over there – surely we had a 3 miler to run in the Grade 1 Novice?

Shame to see WoA finish punch drunk all because Mouse can’t be bothered to travel him….

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from PAULCS on 2:53 pm on Dec. 28, 2006[br]<br>Star De Mohaison looks pretty good now

<br>I wouldn’t read to much into the Sandown race, The Listener was given a tender ride on his debut imo

<br>But i’m bias, i was on him there too :( :biggrin:

(Edited by empty wallet at 2:57 pm on Dec. 28, 2006)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Was he bad at the end Paul? I didnt really see….

If so, then his campaign is bizarre

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

what did he beat?

L’Ami by further than Kauto Star did at Haydock.

Jesus, if Cheltenham managed to get some proper jumping ground on Gold Cup day this fella could be something.<br>

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I was being ironic Gareth :)

Hes a lovely horse though isnt he? Why is it nice grey chasers like to front run?

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>clivex,

Because of ATR’s diabolical coverage, I didn’t see how WoA was but he was certainly floundering up the run-in despite Conor not being overly hard on him understandably.

I suppose that we are fortunate to be watching the Irish action at all but why oh why did ATR go split-screen to a banded race at Southwell during the closing stages of the Lexus? Why not just utilise ATR Extra?

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

He beat L’Ami further than KS, correct? And all the supposed authorities on ratings agreed L’Ami is one of the most consistent horses to rate a race through – also correct?

Hence, I imagine The Listener will receive a rating in the 180’s??

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

BoS also beat L’ami further than in the Betfair Chase, so do you conclude:

Improved performace from BoS or L’ami ran below that run on the testing ground?

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I would add it is good to see an adventurous English trainer get his due rewards to coming over and at least taking part in the big Irish races. So often these pots are left unchallenged by the British trainers, makes absolutely no sense when you think of the fire power Paul N and co have.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

EW,

What I’m asking is people assume L’Ami ran to form at Haydock ass they wanted to go crazy on KS. However, The Listener is clearly not as much of a hype horse, so lets then all agree L’Ami didn’t run to form today as how else could we then see KS as the second coming of Arkle??

;)

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Understand where your coming from Salselon and as i said on another thread it’s all guessing

Some are guessing/ estimating KS is the real deal,  some believe different and i think it’s this that makes racing such a great sport, not only for punting but also for good debates

<br>My guess is neither L’ami or WoA ran to form today on the testing ground, but still an excellent performance by the winner

<br>171+ imhaho :)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Low to mid 160’s in my opinion. No reason for Southern Vic improving. He’s been beaten in a handicap off 147 and was only beaten around 20 lengths.

Obviously they went steady gbut the time doesn’t compare well with the novice chase so I’d be inclined to take a lowish view of the race.

(Edited by davidjohnson at 4:42 pm on Dec. 28, 2006)

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

DJ

I got 166 with my initial analysis, so probably would not argue, but i can’t have BoS running under 160 with ideal conditions unless he’s gone at the game as Clivex stated, as yet there is no evidence of this

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from Salselon on 4:20 pm on Dec. 28, 2006[br]EW,

What I’m asking is people assume L’Ami ran to form at Haydock ass they wanted to go crazy on KS. However, The Listener is clearly not as much of a hype horse, so lets then all agree L’Ami didn’t run to form today as how else could we then see KS as the second coming of Arkle??

;) <br>

<br>I came to the conclusion that L’Ami ran up to his usual form at Haydock not just based on him but also based on performances through Ollie Magern and Beef Or Salmon who ran IMO to the same level as he had done previously in Ireland (within a pound from memory). Through form lines of others it tied in almost perfectly for L’Ami to have run up to form. It’s not just a case of plucking out any old number.

I haven’t analysed todays race yet but even without doing that its clear that L’Ami didn’t run to his last mark. I’m certain that’ll be confirmed through other lines when I do get round to looking at the race.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.