The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Highs and Lows of racing

Home Forums Horse Racing The Highs and Lows of racing

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Apologies for starting a new thread for something so small but worth mentioning nonetheless.

Grade 1 winner Taranis is back in training with Paul Nicholls, as is his former stablemate Nycteos. Great to see 2 classy chasers back in the game. Captain Cee Bee’s also nearing a return to the track.

But sadly the progressive sprinter and recent winner at Nottingham Biniou suffered a fatal injury on the gallops while being preffered for the Ayr Gold Cup. Robbie Cowell constantly called him the best horse he had in training and a huge shame for a small trainer like him.

Great for the connections of the former 3 to have the choice of retiring them or bringing them back but just goes to show how horribly cruel racing can be.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Pity to hear that King’s Apostle has been retired due to injury as well.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d hijack this one.

Fly me to Cuba! :mrgreen:

A few of these will be mentioned on the website, but quite a few of us hardly ever or never get the newspaper.

Out for the season!

Noland

Neptune Collonges (£14 still available to be stolen on Betfair)

Nevada Royale

So, with no Neptune Collonges or Exotic Dancer, third place is up for grabs in the Gold Cup. Alternatively, perm any 3 from 4 of Kauto Star, Denman, Cooldine and Notre Pere.

Still Out

Glencove Marina (for the time being)

Back

Racing Demon will run in a couple of hurdle races before the Peterborough Chase

Mossbank possibly back for Champion Chase 7th November, Down Royal

Black Harry hurdle race, then novice chasing

Over The Creek

Old Benny a couple of runs before the Welsh National?

New Alco plan is to return in the Hennessy

Aces High too high in h’cap for fences, so will stick to hurdles for the time being

Turpin Green has joined Sue Smith. Unfortunately, Harvey is riding him out.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Turpin Green is a law unto himself and i can see Sue Smith eyeing a big Haydock Chase with him, Peter Marsh maybe before having a go for the National.

Old Benny will be Welsh bound as he still has improvement in him and will be another Aintree bound.

Racing Demon is gone for me and wont win another race.

Aces High is just too overated and wont win unless he gets sent Hunter Chasing in a few years,

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Aces High?

Aces Four maybe?

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Mispent youth (and adulthood). :wink:

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

What we need is an update from the Crockmeister General, Nicky Henderson.

I’d really like to see Jack The Giant put in a full season, so that we could see how close to the top he can go.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Aces High?

Aces Four maybe?

Thats the one, new it was an Aces something.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Sorry Neil, I wrote Aces High first, by mistake. No excuse – I had the RP next to me at the time.

smithers271
    • Total Posts 6

The tother one is also back galloping at Graham Roach s after getting injured when falling at newbury last year,could be anything this horse if he retains his ability after being "fired". I think Graham Roach will have a big hand of novice chasers this year with the likes of Definity. Michel le bon, Hells Bay, Fistral Beach and others .

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

It is very easy to imagine the trainer complaining. The Tother One is no longer a novice, but has only run in two chases. I suppose he can go for that Intermediate Chase at Sandown in early December.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Walkon

(renamed Limpon by a Comment) sustained a nasty injury at Aintree, and won’t be out before Christmas, if at all this season.

Alan King is featured in today’s RP, so I’ll just pop out to get it.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Pah! It said read more about Alan King’s string in Sunday’s RP.

All it had was news about a Flat horse joining it.

Gan Amrhas

has only just started cantering again, and might be back for the end of the season. That would be the Champion Stakes then.

Maybe this will pay for the newspaper. "I love

Gile Na Greine

. She came out of her debut well and is on her way to the top." 25pence EW ought to do it.

edit: decided to put a little work in, wary of Rory or IC ever saying something nasty about me. This seems to be Brightness Of The Sun. So, if I ever come across greine, it is probably something to do with the sun shining out of my arse.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I believe Gile Na Greine is a full-sister to Cuis Ghaire, second in this year’s 1000 Guineas.

Colin

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

16Aug09 Curragh (7Sft/Hy,RPR84)
    She wouldn`t be as pacy as Cuis Ghaire but she will stay better, she`ll step up now after that, we`d have to be tempted by the Moyglare Stud Stakes – Jim Bolger

It does rather beg the question whether Cuis Ghaire needed more speed or more stamina to win the Guineas.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Ebor meeting winning 2yo put down at Ripon yesterday, after fracturing his pelvis.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Ebor meeting winning 2yo put down at Ripon yesterday, after fracturing his pelvis.

Read elsewhere that Businessman was ok Gerald.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.