Grimthorpe 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grimthorpe 2019

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

I have doubts about two or three of the principals, and the the Durham National winner Brian Boranha looks overpriced by quite a few points, especially with Paddy Power offering an extra place EW in this seven-runner race.

There is a chance that Brian Boranha prefers these smaller fields, and the ground will suit perfectly, something that can’t be said for a few rivals here. This 8-y-o really came alive when faced for the first time with a proper stamina test over 3m 5f in the Durham National and my only doubt here is that it might not be quite far enough at 3m 2f. But at 16/1 EW 3 places I am happy to take a chance on that. He has much more going for him than against, not least the booking of James Bowen who will ride for the yard (Peter Niven) for the first time (regular jockey Henry Brooke is serving a suspension).

Good luck

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

This looks a proper tricky race to me Joe. Even though there are only seven runners you can make a case for all of them winning and fo all of them not winning!!

I have had a few quid each way on CHIDSWELL at 16/1 three places as he may be the improver. I fear Barney Dwan as he may be best suited by the ground and in effect this is probably a weaker race than he has been running in.

Good Luck :good: :good:

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1150

It’s Chidswell for me too. It’s a tricky race and he looks the value.

Lemons68
    Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 373

This race is very tricky, and I want to sit it out really, but I will side with Beau De Brizais 9-1

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

Quite like the look of Looking Well at 9/2 (although he’s 4s now).
    Clearly likes it round here, and although it’s only just over a week since he ran,
    he won that race well and didn’t have to battle it out. Nicky Richards could certainly
    do with something to cheer up the stable after poor Baywing last week.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

I agree with old Joe. I priced this up the other day and made Brian Boranha about half the current market price. The classic case of a small stable being disregarded by the market.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

Well done, Raymo and Peter – a most convincing winner, and at a cracking price

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

That’s a terrific selection Raymo and Peter, at a cracking 18/1 :yahoo:

That makes up a bit for your man Levy being retired in the golf this morning Raymo,
    swings and roundabouts :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

Cheers guys and well done Peter :good: :good:
    I backed it originally last night at 10/1 BOG and went in again when I saw it had gone sixteens !!

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

Cream cakes on you then Raymo B-)

peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1150

After Theatre Guide left me weeping earlier in the day, this was perfect pick-me-up!

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

Peter same as me!! I was on theatre Guide too!! Great minds and all that :good: :good:

Always cream cakes on me Graham :good: :good:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.