The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The future has arrived

Home Forums Horse Racing The future has arrived

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

I don’t read too many items in this part of the Forum, so this might have already been covered.

Taken from the betfair website:

Following the acquisition of TVG Network by Betfair, we have been reviewing our US racing product offering. As a result we will be making the following changes which we hope will enhance the product further:

1. From the beginning of August (the exact date to be advised) we will be adding live streaming of US racing to Betfair. This will give you pictures to a number of US tracks initially and we hope to add others over the coming months. To watch these races you will need to be logged in to a funded Betfair account.

2. We will be adding tote markets on US racing, from September onwards. This will enable customers to bet into the local pools hosted at US racetracks. Again, we will have access to a number of US tracks initially and we hope to add others over the coming months.

3. We plan to add form and results data in a few months time.

[b:zo6qd15s]ALSO[/b:zo6qd15s]

Following the recent enhancements to our South African Racing offering, we have now added live streaming for all South African racing.

This is available via our live video site – http://livevideo.betfair.com/ or by clicking on any live video buttons/banners on Betfair.

The streaming of these races is available to logged-in Betfair customers with funds in their Betfair wallet. There is no requirement to place a bet to watch the streams but this may be reviewed in the future.

This service is not available to customers in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Quite useful for those of us who don’t have satellite or cable TV.[/color:zo6qd15s]

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

And if you’re any good at American races, you can look forward to Befair taking huge sums of money out of your account, to further enhance their advertising market and brand potential…as if you’re supposed to be happy that those pricks are using your money to make themselves bigger.

**** them.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Surely that’s up to the individual to keep their acccount at a level that can’t happen……I never have anymore than 3 million Aussie dollars in mines :lol:

Anyway

I’ve really got to start using Betfair on a regular basis but need some help.
    I place 90% of my bets through an agent and he’s great but no Betfair through him….If I want to go that way it’s do it yourself

So how about some help here lads.

Let’s say you have 2k on at 7/2 and the horse goes to 2/1 later in the day.
    I notice a very high percentage of horses I back at early morning prices end up a fair bit shorter..got to be a way of making that pay

1. How easy is it genreally to lay that horse off.

2. How much profit after Betfair take a chunk would you clear in a situation like that?

2. What sort of money exchanges hands before you get problems with betting /laying say in a Group race and a normal weekday handicap?

Sorry if I appear dumb but I’m as old fashoned as tea when it comes to this…..but I do like Akon so I ain’t dead yet :lol: a few examples would be helpful

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

If you like Akon i’d advise you to give up on life completely. There is no hope.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

I’ll leave a proper, comprehensive answer to the experts, Fist.

Laying off will be easy – the total bet on a race goes from a couple of hundred thousand to a million or so in the final 10-15 minutes.

The problem would be getting the £2000 on in the first place.

Standard deduction is 5% of net profit on a race, less your discount rate. Gee, have I got that right – it seems quite huge.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

How does the clawback work ?

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

How does the clawback work ?

Ah, this is the bit where the rich, successful bastards start complaining.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

It might effect him if he’s putting a couple large on each race, the clawback(i dunno). If they find out he listens to Akon they might not even let him sign up.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

There’s nought wrong with gentle, melodious music. Not every song has to be about hoes, butts and motherfuckers.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Fist’s lonely….so lonely………he’s so lonely………………….

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

There’s nought wrong with gentle, melodious music. Not every song has to be about hoes, butts and [expletive].

In Britain, "What ho" is an old-fashioned exclamation of calling.

In the Bronx, it’s a leading contact magazine.

(sorry)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Check your PM’s, graysons.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Have done, sah! Reply to follow later today.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.