The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Derby

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

With prices as they are, I think its a good time to get an antepost bet in.

Visindar is far from certain to turn up and I’ve laid it in the place market (or am trying to) at 2.9. Even if it does turn up I’m confident it will be turn over. With this taken up so much of the market (5/1) it leaves some value if you want to oppose it.

I’ve got two selections to oppose it with. The first one is hardly original but Sir Percy stayed on well in the Guineas and should see out the Derby trip well enough to be there at the end (Motivator did and that didn’t conclusively stay 12f). With the turn of foot its got, I find it difficult to see how it will be outside the top three. I backed it in February at 16/1, and may have a top up in the next couple of weeks.

My second selection is a bit more original. The horse is highly rated, has been mentioned favourably, and I have heard good things about how its schooling. Its only raced once but left a good impression on its debut over 11f. The horse is Hala Bek, currently 16/1 with several bookies. The Dante is its next port of call, and a good performance there will see it line up at Epsom. I believe this horse to be a bit of a wild card and should be backed before the price drops. The horse moved nicely in its race and looks a likely type on breeding.

2pts ew Sir Percy @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes)<br>1pt ew Hala Bek @ 16/1 (general)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.