The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Conditional

Home Forums Memorials The Conditional

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Sadly broke a hind leg in The Denman Chase at Newbury while running on the flat. RIP 😪

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1892

Extremely bad days in the past week and it doesn’t seem to stop.

May he rest peace and sad that he couldn’t fulfill his potential

patriot1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 542

Not sure what to say, can’t remember a weekend as bad as this.

Looking forward to the Gold Cup and National before this and now…

Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

It’s been awful hasn’t it Ruby? Strange also that the two today and L’ami Serge all broke hind legs and none of them fell. I love racing but it’s so hard sometimes..

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23896

:-(

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11523

RIP The Conditional
    Nothing Super about this Saturday or Sunday. :-(

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1892

I don’t know what happened to The Conditional, but he ran on three legs almost through the entire bend. It was his left hind leg (the one on the inside) that was injured, maybe he took a bad step when entering the turn. They were running on fresh ground and the pace wasn’t too fast either…. Very sad to see that.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

I tend to listen to the racing on racing radio and only dip into actually watching it occasionally so I didn’t see this happen.It’s been a terrible time recently for injuries and fatalities.

robinhill25
    Participant
    • Total Posts 14

Very sorry about The Conditional’s death on a dreadful weekend in which five horses were killed in action in live terrestrial televised races. (A few weeks ago we had almost no T.V. fatalities for several weeks, which was a great relief at that time.) Many commiserations to David Bridgewater, who was an underrated excellent jockey, and is now an underrated trainer. His two stellar horses, The Giant Bolster and The Conditional were both campaigned very skilfully, placed regularly in top class races, with The Conditional winning at Cheltenham, and The Giant Bolster (who retired successfully a few years ago) placed in Gold Cups. The Conditional would have been a promising each-way contender in this year’s National. Hope the stable gets some more good horses of this calibre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.