The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Cherry Hinton

Home Forums Horse Racing The Cherry Hinton

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    heffo
    • Total Posts 319

You’resothrilling was matched at 50 for €109 inrunning. The only explaination could be the very shoddy camera work.Looking at the replay she was always prominent and was likely always infront or very near it anyway.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

yeh the commentary didnt help either, as she crosses the line a length in front:

"oh I didnt realise how well she was doing"

hmm….

more pissed gotta be the guy who layed £800 @ 25/1

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Would agree that 50/1 was too big but whatever you thought of the camerawork, it was clear she was some way behind with a couple of furlongs to go (confirmed by Kinane).

Smashing filly.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

she is a lovely horse, was highlighted to me a while back by a friend of mine and i had a nibble at 25s for next years 1000. however for me the one to take out of the race is elletelle, carried a penalty but ran a cracker considering the penalty she was carrying.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

she is a lovely horse, was highlighted to me a while back by a friend of mine and i had a nibble at 25s for next years 1000. however for me the one to take out of the race is elletelle, carried a penalty but ran a cracker considering the penalty she was carrying.

…..and the fact that she was dreadfully slow away today and was on the back foot from the minute the gates opened.

Quick question though. On the evidence of the first 2 races, why did only 4 jockeys come down the ‘seemingly faster’ stands side?

Mike

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

yeah i meant to say she missed the break as well thanks. i didnt see the first, im at work but managed to sneak off for the hinton so im not sure about the bias. i also didnt know what finished behind the winner on that side, were they just inferior horses? if not that would suggest little bias to me, but like a say im a bit limited on my viewing until i get home later.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

yeah i meant to say she missed the break as well thanks. i didnt see the first, im at work but managed to sneak off for the hinton so im not sure about the bias. i also didnt know what finished behind the winner on that side, were they just inferior horses? if not that would suggest little bias to me, but like a say im a bit limited on my viewing until i get home later.

Havent reviewed the races yet, but from memory, the first 5 in the first race were all drawn high and came down the stands side, with the far side well adrift. I think it was a similar story in the 2nd race, though they did race a little more near the centre, but not much. So far the far side has looked off the pace, though Frankie has just been on Channel 4 and said he doesn’t think there is a bias, He thinks the first 3 races have just had the best horses drawn high (stands side), personally, it looks a bit of a bias and you would want a high draw in the July Cup going on the races so far.

Mike

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Elletelle is developing a bit of a habit of being slow to break.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

thanks for that mike, got the old sky plus box running at home, at least it should be, so I’ll have a good look tonight.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Not a great Cherry Hinton. The winner is a full sister to Giant’s Causeway and will obviously appreciate a significant step up in trip next year.

She’s entered in both the Phoenix Stakes (August) over 6F and the Moyglare (September) over 7F. Giant’s Causeway had the ability to win over six and seven furlongs at this level as a 2YO and she’s screaming out for a step up to seven – I think she’ll even get a mile this year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.