The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Australians

Home Forums Horse Racing The Australians

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Well done to the Aussies who travelled around the world to add such an exciting dimension to Ascot week.

Really added to both sprints which would, let’s face it, have been much the poorer for their absence.<br>

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Yes, the Australian invaders and their exploits really made the meeting for me.

Not the only highlight of a great week’s racing, but this intercontinental dimension really added some spice.

It’s really hard to say, but good on yer Aussies and see you again next year.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Completely agree Cormack, but unforunately the oiks nearest to the winning line thought they were from Austria!!!

There is an excellent article in the Daily Mirror about Ascot’s building works: it has  REINFORCED the class differential by placing all the non racing oiks from the furlong marker thru to the winning post….hence no noise!!<br>They are too busy quaffing Prawn Sandwiches [sorry Keano], and discussing Money!

I am sorry, but the whole RA scenario is beginning to make me revolutuionary!!

I shall take another drink and calm down…he said rather sheepishly:(

Hic…

regards,

doyley

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

:biggrin: Hello<br>There’s been talk in Australia that the connections of Bentley Biscuit are blaming Nash Rawiller’s ride for BB’s abject performance. I thought it was the ground – was the ground really hard on the day or was it a badly judged ride?

Galejade
    • Total Posts 185

Kignstown Town,

Certainly Bentley Biscuit was switched right around the field from his low draw on the near side to end up on the very far rail. This would have cost him many lengths. On the other hand  the Racing Post reported that he did not pick up at all and that the connections said he hated the very fast ground. It was aso reported that he pulled out of Saturdays race – on softish ground – because of being jarred up on the Tuesday.

So I think the answer to your question is that the ground was the thing that really did for him although switching across the whole width of Ascot would not have helped.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Welcome to the forum Kingston.

Either factor would have scuppered BB’s chance, as Galejade has correctly pointed out.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Thanks for that. :cool: I wasn’t able to see the race so was wondering how he went – he’s much better than the run suggests but he has had a very hard campaign in Australia and I thought he was over the top when he left. <br>Thanks for the welcome too :biggrin:

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC-nb4noMZ0

Not great quality Kingston but you can see the route BB took.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

How many of the Aussies have confirmed that they will run in the July Cup?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Janiak is toying with a) retiring Takeover Target, b)taking him home and running in the Salinger (Nov 3) or c) possibly staying and running in the July Cup ………….. no uncertainties there then ;)

Freedman has said Miss Andrettti will go home and Peter Moody will wait until the end of the week before making a decision on Magnus, all depends on how he pulls up.<br>Waterhouse is yet to decide on Bentley Biscuit.

(Edited by Kingston Town at 9:34 am on June 25, 2007)

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Quote: from cormack15 on 11:05 pm on June 24, 2007[br]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC-nb4noMZ0

Not great quality Kingston but you can see the route BB took.<br>

Thanks Cormack – no that move didn’t really help any did it?

"I will leave England on the weekend and enjoy a short holiday in Europe," said Gai Waterhouse. <br>"I will come back to Newmarket on the 5th of July and we will re-evaluate his progress and make a decision re a start in the July Cup."

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Thanks Kingston Town

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.